This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which of the following Android smartphones would you choose?
02-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Which of the following Android smartphones would you choose?
I'm new to the whole smartphone thing and I'd like to purchase a new Android OS model, but I can't decided which may be better deal. I'm willing to spend around $200-230 on it, but it has to be through Amazon, as I have a gift card there.

Desired features:
- Good camera...I like to take pictures. Good video is also a plus.
- Tethering...I'd like to be able to use it as a hot spot.
- Good audio...I listen to A LOT of music and this will be my primary listening device.
- Good browser speed...we all hate waiting for pages to load.
- Good social media integration...I use Facebook and Twitter a lot for my work.

Other than that, I'd probably watch an occasional video on Netflix and check my email. I'm not much into games. Also, the phones size doesn't matter to me much. Removable batter would be a plus, but I can forego for other features. And expandable memory would be great, but I think most phones have at least 16 GB and that should be plenty.

After initial research, I've come up with a few options

- Samsung Nexus S (found one refurbished for $200...but not sure if refurbished is the way to go)
- HTC One V (around $225)
- Sony Xperia Sola (around $225)

Would love to get some feedback. Or if anyone has any other suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 06:42 AM

The Nexus S is too old even if it is a Nexus device.. I wouldn't buy anything HTC solely because of the Sense UI. I would go for the Nexus 4 from Google if you can somehow get an order through; if you don't want that, get a Galaxy Nexus if you can find an unlocked device from Google.

Ads

Go with the HTC One V its a great phone especially since your new to Android. It has a good camera (5megepixels), good processor (1ghz), scratch resistant glass, good battery life, and a good metal body.

Go to gsmarena.com and compare the specs and decide which one is better for you.

None of them
Androide is about to be in shelves.
All new generations of models you mentioned will run on Windows mobile 8.

Honestly; I Love apple IOS.