This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are popular people so mean? (Read Details)?
02-20-2013, 11:01 AM
Why are popular people so mean? (Read Details)?
At my school there are like 40-50 people who are part of this popular group and I'm just so sick of them and how rude they are to me and my friends and I don't understand why they are popular. The girls are loud, obnoxious, and mean yet everyone seems to like them and they have thousands of friends on facebook and tens of thousands of followers on twitter like they are celebrities of some sort and they are the prettiest girls in school and prettier than me but they dress slutty and they drink, do drugs, and have sex all the time and they are really mean to certain people like me. Today in health class this popular girl saw me walk in and she was laughing at me and getting people to stare at me and walked up to the teacher to ask a question and she goes "Ewww what a weirdo" and everyone around her was laughing and she had a disgusted look on her face and yesterday a popular girl walked up to me and told me my outfit was ugly and that hers was cooler than mine and better than mine and whenever I walk by them they always give me angry looks and whisper and talk bad about me and then they will say Hi in a mocking matter or scream on the top of their lungs near me and then run away laughing and they are gross to like at Lunch they would hold one nostril and blow snot out of their nose and they were seeing whose would go the furthest and they will act crazy for attention and they wear belly shirts everyday with their boobs hanging out and bras showing.
The popular guys are really attractive but mean and disrespect all girls that are not popular. I sometimes envy them because they are rich, have the best parties, and go out everyday with hundreds of other people and they live perfect lives and they don't ever feel ashamed and they aren't insecure like me or other unpopular girls and I kind of wish I was them except for the mean part. I've never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, and they say it's weird to be a virgin and I've never had a drink or went to a real party and I'm 15.
Why do you think everyone loves them even though they are cruel?????

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 11:09 AM

there all a bunch of sicos. Just think of that everytime you see them. youll feel better. Smile

Ads

They are Bullies! Their parents have a little money so they think their shit doesn't stink. Best you can do each incident is to report it to the office and keep doing it. Talk to your parents about calling the school and reporting the harrassment. Perhaps your parents will send you to another school, the assholes will be suspended or parents called, or you can be homeschooled. Let them know the impact this has on you and how serious it is so something will get done and don't be afraid of them.

The pretty, popular cheerleading girls at my school (who I spend the majority of my time with) are nothing like what you have described. Yes, I am in fact in high school, but it is not like this. Most of them are raised by restrictive parents who have instilled good morals in their kids. Yes, they have money, but they do not use it to be "popular." Just like you think they stereotype other kids for being fat, you are labeling us.

I know this comment will probably not even be given a second look, but have you ever actually looked at it from the other end of the spectrum? It isn't as though the girls who are "picked on" don't have plenty of nasty comments to say themselves. We are all human, and we can all be nasty.

I'm not sure where you get your ideas about a "popular" girl, but it sounds like a gossipy middle-school novel to me. As being skinny and "pretty", does it not register in your mind that some, just as others cannot help but be overweight, are naturally skinny? It is genetic for me; the majority of my family is skinny and tall, and so am I. It is not a matter of salads and anorexia, just as fatness isn't always caused by pizza and chips. Some things are hereditary.

So, therefore, I do not agree with your statements. I already know that this will receive negative ratings, but I wanted to get this out to those of you who cannot seem to see the situation from the other person's perspective, rather than just the "victim."

Though the girls at your school do sound disgusting, especially because of the snot comment, you calling them sluts and cruel people makes you no better than they are. You are labeling just like you think they do.

Ok so I guess you could say I'm part of the popular group there is about 12 boys and 17 girls. But the girls aren't popular for being bitches... Yeah some of us are pretty flashy about our body but honestly we do it for attention... And every girl does that. What I can teel you is there are people in this world that you just are not going to get along with. If this issue keeps happening try to talk to them I promise it will help. Just be yourself and also have u knowticed most popular people Arnet popular because there rude or hateful, there popular because the have selfconfedince and have a spine to stand up for themselves.

From your description of their behaviour they are disgusting. The only way they can validate themselves is to demean someone else. This is not a reflection of a perfect life. At fifteen they are displaying the worst of adult behaviour. It is normal at 15 to be a virgin, not had a drink or a boyfriend. Your are growing up with a set of values that will be valuable for your whole life. Yes, I understand the partying may seem like fun but no respectable person would have anything to do with them. That is why they congregate together. When the girl puts on a performance in front of the class seemingly at your expense. People are not laughing at you but rather the performance that is being enacted. Hold your head high, if you don't react then hopefully they will lose interest in you and move on. Stay strong you can outlast these morons. Many blessings to you.

They sound horrible! But popular people are usually used to being the center of attention and loved by everyone, so they hate on people who don't. And it's actually illegal to do some of the stuff they do like drink and have sex if they're under 16. Maybe they're not horrible to everyone? Just remember that they're not beautiful person if they're ugly inside.

well, from the other answers and your description i can't tell which 'side' I'd like to be on, but many years, I considered myself on your side, always the one that is picked on. but instead of trying to change them just try to change your perception about it. they make fun of you probably because they know you care. and thats the way they get attention. if you stop caring they can not hurt you. and if possible try to get away from them. I know, it is easier said than done but this is the most solid advice i can give to you.

i understand how they make you feel but the answer is not about how bad they treat you it is more about how you will feel about yourself. just love youself. accept yourself as you are. and don't worry about being a virgin in 15 you are too young for this. everthing has a right time.

i can relate to you my high school was like that. just ignore them they want attention whether it its good or bad. they act mean because they think they are better than everyone. just wait until high school is over. i go to community college and i have actually started to talking to some of those people because they have no one else to talk to or hang out with. its kind of funny how they loose all of their friends and reputation and after its all over they come to find out they had no real friends. nothing is wrong being a virgin im 20 and i just lost mine a year ago to my bf who i am still with. its also funny how some of those girls get pregnant after graduation. basically they have power in high school and after it fun to see it all fall apart.

They love them because they're perverts, and they are brainwashed.