This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New user to the iPhone 4s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
02-20-2013, 02:20 PM
New user to the iPhone 4s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Hi my name is Jen and I upgraded to my first Verizon Smartphone yesterday. I have the Iphone 4s 16 GB and my usage says this so far: Storage 13.0 GB available and 588 MB used (It used to say 586). I checked my Cellular Usage and it says that I sent 153 KB of Cellular Network Data and Received 1.4 MB and Tether Data for Sent and Received are both 0 bytes. (Is this good?) I really hope I didn't go over the limit or anything. I don't have any music, games, pictures (etc) and I didn't play any games, go on the internet, email, launch siri or any type of apps because I'm on a tight budget at this time. I heard about turning airplane mode off along with cellular data. I placed Diagnostics & Usage on Do Not Send (It used to be on Automatic).In addition Facetime, Siri, Airplane Mode, Roaming, Cellular data, Wifi, and Bluetooth are all disabled and I don't have iCloud set up or Twitter and Facebook) All notifications are off in my notification list including the government alerts. I don't launch any games, iTunes, weather apps, The News Stand or anything else. Are there any other things that I need to turn off? Is there anything I'm missing?( I don't want to jack up the bill and make everything sky high) I heard different things about wifi and that if you launch apps from wifi, it consist of free data usage and that launching things from 3G will cost more data. Also, does it cost you data if you send and receive messages/calls and operate bluetooth?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM

you are a little confused on data or what it's used for and the difference between cell data vs wifi data.

when you're looking at 'storage' that just tells you how much space is available on your phone for apps/music/photos/whatever media.

cellular usage shows how much data you have used over the cell network. i'm not sure of the lowest data plan for iphone on verizon, but if you call verizon or go on verizonwireless.com you should be able to check your plan features and how much data you can use per month without being charged extra. Also on verizonwireless you can check your data usage, how much you've used vs how much is left.

wifi data (if you are on wifi, such as your home network) data will not cost you anything as it is using the data over your home network instead of the cell phone company towers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply