This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i get the back mouse port of the Dell Dimension 3000 to work?
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
How can i get the back mouse port of the Dell Dimension 3000 to work?
I have a this dell dimension 3000 computer, i can't get the rear mouse port to work. The mouse laser lights up but won't move the cursor. I have to use up one of the front USB ports which i don't want to do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM

USB

two front-panel and four back-panel USB 2.0–compliant connectors n if you have all usb ports used in the back then u have to use the ones in front or you can get a usb hub n plug it then u will more usb ports

Ads

02-20-2013, 03:10 PM

Hello Tiger Jackson,

I am from Dell Social Media and Community.

If the front USB port work and the one at the back is not working at the same time, it means that the USB port at the back has a hardware issue.
However you can click on the link below and download the chipset drivers and verify if the back USB port work.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...nsion-3000
(Select the operating system as per from the list)

If the issue persists, as myke has mentioned, you can connect a USB hub to one of the other USB port that is working at the back and connect multiple devices.

If this has not helped you or if you need any further assistance, feel free to message me on Twitter(@NiranjanatDell). I will be happy to assist.

Dell-Niranjan