This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I wasting my time?
02-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Am I wasting my time?
I know this girl, she lives in Colorado and I live in Maine. We aren't dating but we pretty much act like we are, I love her so much and she says she loves me too. I don't even look at any other girls now that I've got her.. But I don't really have her, she likes another girl from her town and they're always having sleepovers and doing 'stuff' if you know what I mean. They always tweet eachother about how they love eachother.
She says she loves me and she wants to be with me when I move to Colorado but sometimes I just think she's playing me... I want to know if I'm overreacting by getting upset sometimes about it. Or if I'm being a pushover by not doing something about it.. Idk
Your opinions would be much appreciated. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 09:30 PM

Oh ho ho, lookie here! A situation I just got myself out of was quite similar to what you're saying now. I really hope I can be of some help to you without being too opinionated.

Story Time!
I made the mistake of falling for one of my best friends and we reached the point of "mutual" feelings. Things were starting to look up until I realized we didn't establish boundaries. We were basically hooking up with a boat load of feelings bottled inside of us. The longer you stay in the stand still of "I love you" and "I love you, too" without establishing if you will be exclusive, a couple, hook up buddies, the harder it gets to detach yourself. Trust me, I was overreacting so much when I found out about the other people she was "seeing". It hurts and it will continue to hurt until you tell her to stop. You are being really mature about this, for sure.

The best advice I can give you is that if her attention is not completely yours yet, she doesn't love you as much as she says she does. Love is not a word that can be thrown around. It is something that has to be felt and given. Because love is not rational, not quantifiable, not provable, it's very hard to even think it exists. But we know it does because it's that wonderful feeling we get when we are with people we truly care for. You are a person and you have feelings. You do not deserve to be toyed around with. Feelings and trust are the components that make us different from animals. Honestly, if this girl is confessing her love to you and then to another girl and even going as far as "doing stuff", she is not your forever girl. I'm not saying she can't be or she won't be, it's just not there yet.

I wish you the best of luck.
Communication is VITAL. Talk it out. Social media platforms like FB/ Twitter = Bad. Feelings don't convey well over text. Make sure you call her or see her in person to say what you want to say. c:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply