This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is cultural politics and how has it allowed social scientists to understand politics in new ways?
02-21-2013, 04:57 AM
What is cultural politics and how has it allowed social scientists to understand politics in new ways?
I'm having trouble defining the difference between cultural politics and political culture... I think that political culture is the values and beliefs people hold about the government, but then what is cultural politics? And how are the two interrelated?

Also, what is the relation between civil society and political culture?

Not trying to have someone do my work for me, but I'm genuinely confused on these terms and my research on the internet and in my notes has not helped.

Hopefully someone can help clear this up. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 05:05 AM

Cultural politics refers to the effects of mass media, political policies or political environment on cultures, races or groups.

Political culture is the set of ideas which Americans share widely about who should govern, for what ends, and by what means, and the social responsibilities of the society they live in; culture refers to the way of life of a given people.

Ads

02-21-2013, 05:05 AM

Cultural politics is how friends or family relate with each other. You probably have VERY different politics with your friends than your family.

Media has nothing to do with it.