This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are we becoming too reliant on technology?
02-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Are we becoming too reliant on technology?
I have a theory, could it be possible that we as humans are becoming too reliant and involve with technology?

Is it good for use as a species to continue perusing immortality? What would we do if we cured all diseases and lived extrodonary long lives.... No more having children? Having to tell people when they must die?

Are we to involved with "social media" like facebook"? I see some people who spend so much time on facebook and such that they appear oblivious to the world around them.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Yes we are. In my perfect works, all the building and cars and technology would be gone so that people could actually learn to communicate and socialize again.

Ads

i believe we are,but your idea of not having any more children in the future, is a little irrational and erratic,birth is humanity in its simplest form,anyway,for instances, when we complain about our cell phones and computers not catching up to speed,i believe that we are oblivious to the fact that a signal from a cellular phone transmits from space and back,we predominately overlook the little things in life,and take many otherworldly things for granted,ideas that seemed impossible to the generation before,but that is mankind for you,nothing you and i can do about it,so why not self indulge with the rest of America my friend.

Have you every had polio? Smallpox?, typhoid? Drank chlorinate water? Pasteurized milk?

The "technology is bad" stuff is vague. In fact it's a bit like 'being a little bit pregnant." You are or you're not. All technology hurts or it doesn't.

Likely you'd set a technology limit that would allow computers and I pods. Why not simply go back to muscle power and candles?

Today our average life expectancy is close to 70. In Roman times it was in the early 20s.Which would you select? Certainly to a Roman, out life expectancy would seem close to immorality.