This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
im really really scared....? :-(?
02-21-2013, 11:26 AM
im really really scared....? :-(?
before you ask, im a 17 year old girl. i know there have been so many times people have said "the end is nigh" blah blah. but i suffer from extreme paranoia.

i watched a programme on nat geo about the mayans.
basically, they said the mayans predicted hurricane katrina
and of other stuff that came true. and apparently they predicted the en of the world december 21st 2012.

now, nat geo have made it extremely convincing..
they have researchers on there who study the mayan Callander and say that it will end according to that long count calendar

as a paranoid person, this really sends alot of messages to my head that i shouldnt be thinking at 17.

please if anyone can tell me the truth id appreciate it...

literally so scared.

twitter @wbafc_xo

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 11:34 AM

The world will not end in 2012. They said it would end in 2000 and 1998 but it didnt. Youre fine trust me.

Ads

Wtf... The world is not going to end, 1 myan calendar could mean anything, researchers now a days are pretty much trying to interperate a calandar that they cannot even read, it would be like a blind man trying to map a city. Nearly impossible.

If it were some random comet, or ridiculous stray planet, then NASA would have picked up on it by now, no the world isn't going to end, no one, can possibly predict something so extreme, since magic does not exists, neither does magical signs from stars, we can rest assured the world will not end.

It will however be extremely funny to see the people who believe in it so strongly wake up on the 22nd

The Mayans didn't predict the end of the world. The calendar was written on a rock and they eventually have to run out of room. Most Mayans believe it is a new beginning, and the calendar restarts again just like ours. We don't die every December 31st but thats when our calendar ends.

The Mayan calendar is not based on the same system as ours. The end of the long count just means their calendar is going from the 9999th cycle to the 10,000th one. Dec. 21 2012 is nothing but their New Year's Eve.

Heck, our calendar ends every year on Dec. 31. That doesn't mean Hallmark Corp. is saying the world is going to end, does it?

While the Mayans did write prophecies about the end of the world, the show is being a bit disingenuous here linking the prophecies about the end of the world to the end of the calendar.

As for other prophecies in general...you have to be careful with them. Did the Mayans literally say "A storm named Katrina will hit New Orleans"? No, they're never that explicit are they? Or did people try to interpret some vague passage maybe about "big water" and say "Ah ha! Big Water refers to a flood or tsunami or maybe a hurricane and Katrina was certainly a big hurricane, therefore the Mayans predicted Katrina!" I bet if you had talked to these same people years before Katrina had happened, they would have claimed the prophecy referred to another hurricane. Here's another question - how did the people know this prophecy didn't refer to hurricane Sandy? That show was made several years ago, so Sandy hadn't have happened yet. Seems this would have been a good chance for them to go back and say "Ah ha! I was write - the prophecy was about Sandy!"

It's really easy to look at prophecies and claim they apply to events that have already happened. That way you can carefully pick and choose your interpretation so it fits the event you have chosen.

Even if the Mayans wrote "Big hurricane to hit big city!", with over 70% of humanity living within 20 miles of a coastline, that's not a prophecy. It's a statistical fact. It's like announcing to a crowd of people "I sense someone here has recently lost a loved one..." and someone replies, that doesn't mean you're a psychic right?

So, let's see here. We have a bunch of people claiming that the world is going to end on the Mayan New Year's Eve when even the Mayans never claimed such a thing, and say the Mayans predicted a big storm which may - or may not - refer to Katrina, or some big storm we have yet to experience or maybe it just referred to that really big rain storm that destroyed the chief's hut 1200 years ago.

I could go on but hopefully this has given you enough to convince yourself to make plans for December 22nd and beyond.

IT WAS A COINCIDENCE BUT IF YOUR REALLY SCARED SUCK IT UP AND CRY ABOUT IT BECAUSE GOD ONLY KNOWS

NASA has confirmed that the world is not going to end. If you're a Christian you would also know that God is the one who decides the end of the world...... And does it look like the world's gonna end? Step outside, what's it like? Rainy, Sunny, Cloudy, Snowy.... like any other day? The Mayan calendar never accounted for leap years, so technically we would be in the year 2013, and the world was suppose to end a long time ago. The world was also suppose to end in 2000.... aren't we still here? Don't let everything on TV influence you, I know it's National Geographic, but hey they're not perfect

Sweety, if it wasn't convincing, the TV station would get no ratings (no rating=no money)

Here's what I want you to do, turn off the TV, the computer (yes, I know...), and the radio until this passes. You don't need to be frightened half to death with you having paranoia. That's not good for you.

Or just watch cartoons, Christmas movies etc. (NO NEWS!)

The truth is nothing is going to happen. My friend is a professor in college. She is an astrophysicist with a double doctorate. She said the planets will align, the polarity will shift slightly, but it will not even be noticeable. Absolutely nothing will happen ^.^

You're Fine... for now. JK! But seriously, you're fine.

It isn't gonna end