This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get Firefox to remember my new password?
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
How do I get Firefox to remember my new password?
I changed my Facebook password recently and Firefox kept on filling in my old password for me. I went into the options and deleted the remembered password for my login expecting it to ask me if I wanted it to remember it next time I logged in. BUT IT NEVER ASKS. It doesn't even remember my username anymore.
How do I make it remember my password now??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 02:27 PM

In Firefox menu, go to Tools > Options
Click the 'Security' tab and check the option 'Remember password for sites'

Alternatively, you can use 'LastPass' addon for Firefox - https://lastpass.com/
It's free and works on Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera, etc.

Ads

I'm no expert but you can try:
Click on the orange FireFox icon in the upper left corner of your browser, Scroll down to 'options' then the click on the first one on the list which will be 'options'.
Click on the Security icon and check the box 'remember passwords for sites' and accept.
As for the user name, in the same spot click on the 'privacy' icon and make sure accept cookies is checked.
Hope this helps

If updating it to the latest version(18.0.1) doesn't solve this, reinstalling might. Thing is I recently formatted my hard drive and have a fresh copy of firefox on me. It now remembers my user and pass on facebook unlike before. Incidentally it only happened to me on facebook. Other sites had no problem whatsoever so maybe it's a facebook feature to ensure security. Before reinstalling try to clear your cache, go to (Tools>Clear Recent History) and choose Everything from the drop down menu before deleting remembered passwords. Then try to make it remember your password again on facebook. Now if you plan to reinstall, don't forget to save your bookmarks(Bookmarks>Show All Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Backup or Export Bookmarks to HTML). Hope that helps.

enter the new user name and password and click login then a small window will appear that is similar to remember password window and click update password.