This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my cousin a sociopath?
02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Is my cousin a sociopath?
She’s 28, beautiful, smart and has a successful career. Last year, she severed ties with her parents and siblings because she said they kept emotionally blackmailing her and using her as an ATM. Her dad’s been giving her the silent treatment and she ignored him too. Who cuts their parents off like that? She said she went to therapy to get over their emotional abuse but you should never cut your parents out of your life, no matter how bad they are. She always speaks her mind and even though she’s active on social media, she never posts anything about her private life. She got engaged last week and only told me and her close friends. She refuses to announce it on Facebook cause she says it’s not the world’s business to know. Her own parents don’t even know. Also, they plan to elope because they don’t believe in big weddings and just want to fly to an island and get hitched there. What girl doesn’t want a big traditional wedding? What person is ok with cutting off their family, and moving on as if nothing happened?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM

Sounds like she's smarter than you.

Ads

She obviously has her reasons. Who are you to judge her? There could be deeper reasons as to why she cut ties and maybe doesn't feel comfortable talking about them, I wouldn't either if my supposed friend was judging me the way you seem to be. Sorry.

Obvious you have never had an abusive childhood. I don't even want to get married. I find the social convention ridiculously expensive and unnecessary (ive been with my common-law for ten years). She sounds pretty sensible in my opinion.

how can you call her a sociopath just for those reasons? I mean personally i think shes doing the right thing i mean her family does not love her they are only using her for money what kind of family does that? and what kind of a dad is he to ignore his daughter then just cause shes not giving them money maybe if he was a father he could of at least tried to speak to her and not just for the money? Plus maybe shes happier this way than talking to her parents and to be honest am kind of disappointed in you as your cousin trusts you and you are saying horrible stuff about her