This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is it called to make the idea of the video game and story line etc?
02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
What is it called to make the idea of the video game and story line etc?
I want to make the story line,characters,etc. stuff like that not the computer designing stuff. And how could I make my own business like ea capcom etc. I got really good ideas I'm very creative, so I need help. Basically I just wanna create what the games about. What is that called?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2013, 10:31 PM

its called a video game story writer google it for more info

Ads

02-21-2013, 10:31 PM

write out the story with gaps in between within the gaps you will put down things that should represent what the game play will deal with such as goals missions or events that can or will happen

keep an organized lists of the characters and objects in the game such as characters enemies weapons items also try putting in information about the character, locations and/or objects you are keeping track of such as this weapon does this or this characters back story is an attitude are
this way things like that also if you are good at drawing or know someone who is it will help out in the design of the game to and it is always best to finish the generalizing of your game and have it copyrighted before sharing what your game actually is so none of your ideas are stolen or used without your approval

also if you look into things like story boarding and game design you will get more info on what to do
also words of advice try an start with a simple game first most people have great ideas when going into gaming and usually end up failing or going into game development limbo because they are trying to do to much at once or try and create that perfect game as their first game it usually ends up backfiring
i am pretty much trying to do the same thing but i kinda found out the hard way you have to start small or you'll go nowhere i'm back at square one again but this time i'm doing it the right way also this time i am trying to start as an indie gamer which probably would also be your best bet to an if you take that route look into letting your game be known through things like social media twitter facebook youtube newgrounds what ever you can