This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my computer has a virus what shall i do?
02-26-2013, 08:30 AM
my computer has a virus what shall i do?
I delested all the viruses using safe mode, but there are still some viruses that cannot delete!!!! Im going to try reboot the computer if that helps. If I reboot my computer will i have to install microsoft and norton security again?? other problems I have is when i press on internet everything freezes and my computer shuts down "due to some trojan virus".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 08:34 AM

http://www.free-av.com/

Norton is the most common answer becuase people have it. It comes pre-installe don many computers and most people don't know a thing about them. Norton is almost like a virus itself. Try deleting it from your computer and if you knew enough abuot them you would see that it leaves traces all over the registry. Even removing all strings from the registry is hard as it masks itself as many different things and self replicates if even one command string is left in the registry.

No the best antivirus is still Antivir, One free year, with free update definitions. It isn't bulky and loaded with extra crap that will actually confuse your system (ie: additional firewalls/spyware etc..) Windows has built-in features for a firewall and it's own greyware/malware remover called windows defender. If you use more than one firewall they will create problems by interferring with each other.

Ads

02-26-2013, 08:37 AM

Throw it out the window
02-26-2013, 08:44 AM

Go to the computer shop and ask them to see if they can help you and your computer.
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM

DON'T USE NORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!
download AVG and spyware terminator - they will do a boot scan which will remove all resident spyware and viruses.

Obviously you will need to get the files off the net from another comuter and put them on a flash drive or something. then install on your infected machine.
02-26-2013, 08:53 AM

if no antivirus helps then go for combofix... http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe it is just 2 mb and works well..
02-26-2013, 08:57 AM

You should have a couple of antiviruses so if one doesn't work completely,the other will, and keep them both updated.
02-26-2013, 09:00 AM

use spybot, it will catch stuff that norton does not. and you mean reinstall the os, rebooting is the matter of restarting the computer. http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-a...22137.html
02-26-2013, 09:07 AM

You may need to use external virus remover CD/DVD of any kind of Anti Virus..
It boots the system using their own boot command and then remove the virus signature.
You may need to find some one who can do this for you.

OTHER OPTION...

Take backup and rebuild your PC..

GOIN FORWARD
dont forget to install follwing software to prevent ugly things.

1) Anti Virus (AVG is freeware and works fine for me)
2) Firewall (COMODO is freeware and works great for me)
3) Be attentive to use internet sites.

If you are using your Firewall carefully, you are dont need to worry..

GOOD Luck.
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM

sounds like your anti-virus programs are not up to date. You might need to re-install norton security again, it wouldn't hurt anything.