This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is Rap and Hiphop so annoying?
02-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Why is Rap and Hiphop so annoying?
How can people listen to garbage like that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 10:12 AM

the music of rap and Hiphop is not peaceful so it is annoying.

Ads

02-26-2013, 10:14 AM

Prove it!
then i'll believe you!

YEAHH.....I THOUGHT SO!
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM

hip hop aint music its a culture....generally ure problem is that ure a racist son of a b!tch...u fckin asshole....and why are u in this section if its so annoying?maybe because u dont have a life u fckin pr!ck
02-26-2013, 10:21 AM

Simple, because you don't understand it. First, Rap is the music, Hip Hop is the culture. Hip Hop consists of DJing, Graffiti, Beatboxing, Break dancing, MCing (rapping), and most importantly Knowledge. At the core Hip Hop defies what is culturally acceptable and rebels against the structure of society that is designed to keep people oppressed and dismantles people's minds and bodies. In its essence Hip Hop is a movement, contrary to the common belief that it's an african american thing it's not it's made up of several different cultures and people, it doesn't matter what religion you identify with, what color you are, what your sexuality is, it's bigger than me or you, and all of those labels that people try to put on you. That's why in my OPINION I can't really say that the majority of these cats that are in the media and limelight represent correctly what Hip Hop stands for as a whole. It's like singling out a very small group of people and saying that these people represent the ENTIRE United States as a whole, you just can't do it. Now, I respect your opinion but know that just because you do not like something does not mean it is garbage. I don't like many things but I don't disrespect any of it.
Rap gives people hope, growing up I spoke to many people who were deep into doing evil things and doing crime, most believed the oldest they would get to is 21. They saw the only ways to get out of the downtrodden neighborhoods across america was either to sell drugs, play sports, or do something musically. People do not have the same opportunities as other people and college isn't realistic, it's like "I don't have any money, we can barely get by when it comes to food and shelter....I can't pay thousands of dollars to a university but hey I can do this and provide for my family and give my people a sense of hope and try to uplift my community."
Hip Hop's message is universal, it can reach and speak to people of any culture around the globe. You can come from nothing and gain everything, just think a kid from the projects or trailers parks can pick up a mic and say a rhyme and suddenly people will listen to him or her. That's astounding, it gives a voice to the people who if not for this great thing would otherwise be unheard from. It allows people to voice social commentary, what they see in their neighborhoods, good or bad I accept and love hip hop for what it is.

Peace, Love, and Unity
02-26-2013, 10:23 AM

I Have Spoken is correct, and rap still isn't all about selling drugs, Having sex, money and gang affiliation. Some of these artists have points to their music. Kendrick Lamar, he is a new rapper who was discovered by Dr. Dre and he released an album, Good kid M.A.A.D. city, that album is about how he took his aunt's car and drove around with his friends and while they were out their friend gets shot. There's also songs with single points to them. The Art of Peer Pressure is about how he's normally a good kid until "he's with the homies". Swimming Pools is about his alcohol addiction and how he needs to change his ways. Not all rappers are like Lil Wayne or Young Money.
02-26-2013, 10:25 AM

You must be listenin to the wrong stuff, you closed minded bytch!
Hiphop is the greatest thing to happen to humanity since the wheel!