This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to legally post a video with music in the background on Facebook?
02-26-2013, 10:34 AM
How to legally post a video with music in the background on Facebook?
I recently posted a video on Facebook of me doing a trick on my skateboard and the song This Calling by All That Remains was in the background, maybe 30 minutes or so after posting the video, Facebook had taken it down. Can anyone please simply tell me how I can legally post a video with music in the background? I keep hearing about the RIAA and about how it's copyrighted material but no one has actually explained how you can post it legally. That's all I want to know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 10:42 AM

have you referenced the song and disclaimed it as your own? That can make all the difference. Alternatively find a different track with no copyright over it, http://www.freesound.org could be useful if you are willing to do the digging for a decent track. You have to register but its free to use.

Ads

02-26-2013, 10:48 AM

You have no legal right to use copyrighted music unless that right is granted to you by the recording studio or the Artist of that music. When that is granted to a person this is the first thing that must be displayed in a video or in the ending credits. I don't use copyrighted music. These will always be taken down and removed from Web Sites.
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM

You can spend around $30,000 to license the song from the copyright owner.
02-26-2013, 10:54 AM

Copyright literally means the right to copy. The record labels own the copyrights to the music, not us

So copying it onto the facebook, youtube, anywhere else on the web is a violation of the music's copyrights. copying it for others is a violation of the music's copyrights

you can't do it legally unless the record label licenses it to you. That is if the record label is even willing to license it in the first place, which will cost a lot of money