This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I start getting sad when I look at facebook pictures?
02-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Why do I start getting sad when I look at facebook pictures?
Why do I get sad and cry a little when I see pictures of my friends and their families? Friends that I have known since hildhood and we have grown apart, but still deep in my heart I feel bad for not keeping contact, and seeing them on pictures in facebook, all happy with their families juat makes me sad. I realize how different I have become, I've gotten colder, and I am not nearly as friendly nor warm anymore.... I see the in person and I don't talk to them... I don't know why.

I think that I am just a mean person now. Ever since I moved I have gotten used to being alone.. No father, no best friend, no bf, no one.

Grew up poor, and only relied on school to get me out of being poor.

I don't know why I am so cold, like I just don't care about anything, and I feel lonely, empty, and scared of these feelings sometimes..

I miss my best friend, my bf, my dad, but they all went away... now I am sad.

How can I let go, be happy, still be warm hearted, nice, strong, and satisfied with my life?
How can I learn to see the beauty of it?
I have also been diagnosed with a chronic disease and that depresses me a little it makes me stressed, worried, and I think too much, but I can manage it with the help of the professionals... I hate diabetes, but I guess it's managable..

What I'm trying to say is, how to stop being sad? I know I feel sad, and I feel ashamed if I ever showed anyone that I am but it makes me feel alive a little when I still feel sad. But I never felt as sad as I do ever since I lost my dad, best friend and boyfriend.. I kind of feel like I am a failure. I wish I could have been a better person, if I was then I would still have them all in my life somehow I don't and life sucks a little without them. But I have to accept?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 10:52 AM

I feel exactly the same way....perhaps we could help each other?

aslo more importantly first turn to God ask him for help and guidance

Ads

02-26-2013, 10:56 AM

Try to see and respect that life comes in all forms, both good and bad. Life isn't only about being happy. It isn't only about spending time with people you love. it's also about being sad, and alone. It's both. the more you can embrace and accept sadness and tragedy as a real and important part of life, the more you can let happiness blossom where it will. Truly, the happiest people are those that can take life in all its diversity, because they're no longer running away.
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM

You let go. Just let go.

You make room for the new.

You know what happens when you hold on to apples for 3 years? they rot and then they stink.

Not everything is meant to last. All things must conclude.

It is because you believe you need them to operate like a functional that is the cause of your sorrow.

Change that by believe that you are capable of being happy by yourself.

Facebook does not bring together in a genuine sense. Only when you are truly connected does facebook make life easier.

You were not sad because of facebook. you were sad before facebook. facebook just exposes your true feeling of yourself. when you let go of facebook then facebook will let go of you.
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM

Just don't look at the facebook pics. I used to look on Facebook to see what became of my bullies. They are of course having great lives, going on holiday, achieving success at work and in relationships. So I just stopped looking on Facebook at what they are doing. Evil people always win.