This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend text me saying her boyfriend cheated on her and she won't talk to me. What should I do?
02-26-2013, 10:43 AM
My friend text me saying her boyfriend cheated on her and she won't talk to me. What should I do?
One of my friends broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago. I like her and I want to date her cause she has been showing signs that she likes me too. But this morning she text me saying that her boyfriend cheated on her. I caught her on Facebook and asked if she was okay. She said no and I asked if she would like me to come over and talk and she said she's been crying and didn't know what she wants followed by don't worry I will get over it in a little bit. I said okay and that I would check up on her later to see how she was doing. And then she said thank you.

About 5 hours later I text her again asking her how she was doing. I got no reply. An an hour later I told her if she didn't feel like talking it was okay because I think you need some space and remember I am here for you. I still haven't gotten a reply from that text and now I am kind of worried and I don't know what I should do. I want to go see her and check on her but I don't want to make things worse by doing that in case she wants to be alone to do some self recovery. If I don't hear anything tonight should I go see her to check on her tomorrow or should I just let her have her space and just wait till she is ready to talk to me? I believe she won't hurt her self but I'm just worried about her and I want to make sure she is okay. I just don't know what to do and what will be best for her. I just need some advice because I care about her. Thanks to all who reply to this post.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 10:52 AM

Think about it.

If you were in her position, what would you do? You wouldn't want anyone to bother you or talk to you. Let her cool down for a bit and maybe in a few days surprise her with a visit to her house. Try to cheer her up. If it doesn't work, tell her she is going to have to move on with her life.

Ads

02-26-2013, 11:02 AM

I think it's really sweet you care about her, but who knows, she might still be upset and needs space. Maybe she just fell asleep. Maybe she's doing something with her family to make herself feel better. She might be away from her phone. If you really want to know, and you have her parents' number, try calling them to ask. They'd probably know, and can assure you she's okay.
I'm sure she just needs some space. Breaking up with someone and finding out that they were cheating is a tough experience, and sometimes you have to get through it alone.