This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think, will I get into Harvard?
02-26-2013, 11:34 AM
What do you think, will I get into Harvard?
I'm not the brightest kid, but I do believe I got potential. I don't know why i'm writing this lol, I'm just freaking out cause my interview with Harvard is in about two weeks. I'm really nervous. My average right now is 80 or 81 percent on the dot. I can most likely maintain it but no way it'll get higher. I was chosen to go to Africa this past summer from an a well known NGO, I'm SU president at my school, involved in sports, and have a really good social life. I've done a lot of events that ended me up in the media, done speaking engagements, about to do city wide event, and the list goes on. I'm really passionate about human rights issues. Oh, and I have my SAT exams next week and no way i'm going to ace like I highly doubt it. I'm to busy studying for my own exams (diplomas; worth 50% of overall mark + live in Alberta Canada)

What do you think? Do I have a chance?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM

With a B- average (using US GPA) and even you predicting less-than-stellar SAT scores, sorry, but you're most likely not going to be Harvard material.

Ads

02-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Don't listen to the other guy. Yes SAT/ACT scores are important but they don't define the person you are. Harvard wants great people, not great students. Although a strong academic background is important, that won't alone get you int Harvard or other Ivy League schools. My best advice is to nail the interview and write an amazing essay that will allow Harvard to notice you amoung the other thousands of students applying. Best of luck and don't be disappointed if you don't get in.