This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
As a parent I was wondering if anyone has found their children to be receiving nude spam on facebook?
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
As a parent I was wondering if anyone has found their children to be receiving nude spam on facebook?
I have been getting messages from nude women saying simply "hello". I could probably block them, or change account settings (which are already on friends only), but if our children are seeing this, it should be up to facebook to solve this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 12:30 PM

As a 14 year old, I'm gonna go ahead and say yes people like that add me then proceed to add lots of my friends, I am pretty sure they are bots advertising websites but, long story short, yes.

Ads

02-26-2013, 12:39 PM

I get spammed by some things like that, but have never actually received nude photos. Really depends on your internet activity.
02-26-2013, 12:49 PM

hello:

i do too get improper messages to my inbox, and a simple account setting tweak shall solve this.

but what if children see this, you say.

this "spam" is sometimes paid advertisement so facebook will not nothing about it because they earn $$$$, and remember that internet is for business
02-26-2013, 12:57 PM

I've never had anything like that on my facebook account. I'm not a child but, I don't think that my age is relevent to your concern. Occasionally on some groups you may see some half dressed women posting ads (not the official facebook adverts) but, even then it is no worse than what you'd see in your typical line up with magazines at a grocery store.

Spam and inappropriate pictures and so on can be reported to facebook but, ultimately it is your responsiblity as a parent to filter what your children are allowed to view. If facebook presents a problem, it is your responsiblity to decide whether or not your children will be going on facebook at all. It is not facebooks responsibility to parent or babysit your children for you.

Facebook does run ads but, these that you're talking about are not those ads. Those ads are not paid for and are a lot like the spam you see on YA!

Besides wasn't facebook really meant for people in their late teens and twenties? Does a child really need a social networking site? If it's about games, there are lots of game sites on the internet!
02-26-2013, 01:02 PM

As a parent its up to you to block this from your children not facebook or any other company.
02-26-2013, 01:07 PM

Facebook rules say that an account can be terminated or disabled for anything sexually explicit or if an account is requesting lots of friends and most of them go unanswered or ignored.

Facebook should probably be getting rid of them but they can only work so fast, and there are lots of things like that out there. Plus, if kids have a FB account, they shouldnt be younger than 13 anyway, and should be taught to block them. I think you can report accounts and an administrator will see if that requires action.

My point: Yeah, kids probably are getting this because the accounts are most likely programmed to send it to everyone.
02-26-2013, 01:12 PM

I have been getting the same messages and it has been incredibly annoying! I just report them as "spam" or "offensive material." I have gotten three of those messages in the past two weaks, with a link saying: "check out my video." I think it is someone trying to plant a virus so I hope Facebook stops this.