This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are your reasons why WWE needs to go back to TV-14 again?
10-12-2012, 07:56 AM
What are your reasons why WWE needs to go back to TV-14 again?
I'll post my reasons in a few moments, but first of all.. I just want to say that it's boring and it's a huge turnoff. It's too predictable on what will happen every week {we know it's the same sh*t every week} and we know who the winner of the match is every week, it's the same heel. With PG, there's no S.O.B gimmicks, no more blood which means {no more Hell In A Cell with blood in it} no good I quit matches, no more first blood matches, no steal chair shots to the head, and no great matches like I use to watch like Eddie Guerrero {may he rest peacefully in Heaven} vs. JBL {John Bradshaw Layfield} for The WWE Championship Title.. There are also no more Divas in bikinis, no more bikini contests, and no more Adult Content in WWE either!

I know for a fact that WWE needs to go back to TV-14 because - it allows them to produce more Adult Oriented programing like they did during The Attitude Era, it attracts a larger ammount of fans around the 18-65 age and up mark like The Attitude Era, it would totally crush TNA if they do this as TNA's theme is their greatest weapon against WWE's PG Era, and it would totally be a breath of fresh air for older teen and adult fans.

Now here are my reasons why WWE needs to go back to TV-14:

1 - They can bring back Bra and Panties matches, most Divas today are eye candy, so they need to have a bunch of long Bra and Panties matches instead.

2 - Some of the guys who left WWE are more likely to come back such as Batista who said he hated the PG Era they have in WWE and that's why he left.

3 - Ending PG will bring back all of the Adult and Older Teen fans who quit watching and attending WWE because of PG.

4 - Heels are always limited to what they can do with a PG rating. The Anti Bullying Campaign is great for kids to learn bullying is wrong, but I don't think it belongs in wrestling. Look at Bully Ray, if TNA told him he couldn't be a bully - he wouldn't be the best heel in the business today.

5 - Sex Cells, and it was funnier when Vince had stuff going on like making out with all of the Divas, Trish Stratus and Mickie James in lesbian relationships, sexual chocolate Mark Henry and Mae Young and he got her pregnant. Come on, that was Hilarious and WWE would never have that kind of creativity today.

6 - WWE bleeps out words that in my opinion aren't even considered cuss words so it feels like - wait a minute.. What is this Barney and The Fresh Beat Band? I'm an Adult and I feel like I'm too old to watch it now.

7 - No respectable Adult will go on Twitter and trend whatever Michael Cole says. They never shut up about Twitter and it's annoying. Overmarketing is actually killing the company and without PG Era, they'd realize we don't want Twitter in wrestling and would be forced to stop.

8 - It's unfair to only cater to kids when you have loyal Adult and Teen fans who have been watching WWE for years.

9 - WWE forgets that kids still watched it with their parents when it was TV-14, so by switching back to TV-14 again they are NOT going to lose any of their kids fans. I'm proud to say that at that time The Rock to me was what John Cena is to these kids today.

10 - By WWE going back to TV-14 again, they're more likely to get all of the former and retired Superstars and Divas back in WWE again - such as Mickie James, Lita, Trish Stratus, Victoria, Ashley Massaro, Torrie Wilson, Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Carlito, and all of the former Divas and Superstars who aren't in WWE anymore.

11 - Getting rid of PG will make the company more money! Instead of relying on parents to buy their kids John Cena T- Shirts, maybe they can end PG. Ending PG will bring in more customers like I said, so a lot more people will actually order the pay per views and show up at the shows every week. It won't just be most parents and their kids every week to think John Cena is so amazing.

Take all of these things out of the show and it's not really WWE at all - it's a watered down product. That's why TV-14 will make WWE better to watch. I watch old DVDs of TV-14 WWE and question why I even bother watching WWE today.

So what are YOUR reasons why WWE needs to back to TV-14 again?

Note: I posted this question again for others who did not get an opportunity to answer it the first time, so only answer this question if you didn't asnwer it the first time!
BQ: And what did you like better about WWE when it was TV-14?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:04 AM

I think mostly because of blood. Remember that chair shot Eddie took to the head and he started bleeding like crazy? One of the best moments in WWE. I miss times like that.

Ads

Like the person above said, cause of blood type things & harder storylines!

Honestly, as much as I love looking at the diva's, when I watch wrestling it's because I want to watch wrestling, so diva's being there I can take or leave, I can buy FHM magazines or whatever for that kind of stuff.

But like I say, the whole PG tag needs to go for the product, however they sell far too much merchandise to kids in the PG era which is where WWE make their millions!

Firsty, I'll admit WWE is going downhill right now, but there are a lot of other factors that go into that, like Linda's senate campaign, or WWE's partnership with Mattel. Now, wrestling doesn't have to be TV-14 to be good. WWE is a WRESTLING company, not a "Show boobs all the time, use 'bad' language, and have edgy storylines" company. Good wrestling is not bra and panties matches, they are just eye candy, and very few people complain about them. Just pick up a Playboy and be happy. "Bad" language isn't needed to produce a good WRESTLING show. Also, the storylines don't have to be all sexed up, there have been lots of good storylines in the PG era. The point is, there are lots of other factors that go into WWE being bad right now. WWE is a WRESTLING company, and in the end, all that matters is that they have good wrestling matches.

Well now to answer,why it WOULD benefit WWE, I think you stated most of the points yourself. I couldn't have explained better, but maybe expanded on it. I guess the MOST beneficial thing would be the fact that more fans will get into the business. I mean nowadays people think UFC is the only "manned up" fighting sport. If you look at the fanbase of WWE before and after TV-PG, you'll see tremendous difference. I think that would be a major upgrade to the product. I think that would be a good thing, aside from that I think the current fans will get some "spice" into the usual storylines, I mean many DO want those swear words, blood and sexual references and themes back. So I guess it will gain more fans in the business. Aside from that you pretty much nailed the rest of them yourself.

Bottom line, right now, WWE needs to go TV-14, for the sake of their fans, not "business". Because if they don't I see WWE failing already in the future wrestling industry. WWE bashes TNA, yet they cannot upscale themselves to TV-14 like TNA, shame.

EDIT, BQ: I wasn't a fan of pro wrestling at the moment, but I can imagine the blood, gore, sexual themes and more "adult" setting was the main attraction of TV-14.

Many people say that the PG rating doesn´t make the WWE bad, it is just the poor story lines and horrendously unoriginal creative team which ruins the show, but I cannot agree.

It is because of the over-emphasized PG standard (WWF was PG at times before but this time they have just overly exaggerated the PG theme) that the creative cannot make any decent story lines because they are so limited in what they are allowed to produce. Everything is just considered "too taboo" except for the immature kiddy-orientated crap we see these days.

Wrestling is meant to be violent and aggressive. Entertainment is supposed to be funny and entertaining.

I am sick of the way the politically correct munbojumbo and anti-bullying campaign have infiltrated the company. John Cena has to appologize for saying to The Rock in a rap that his "mountain is brokeback" just because a group of political correctness-demanding LGBT whackos get offended. That is just nonsense! And because of their support for the anti-bullying campaign, it means that the WWE cannot have any bullying in their story lines or they will be seen as hipocrits. As a consequence of restrictions like these what the company can produce is really limited.

ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! Nuff said.

I don't see the problem....The WWF changed to get rid of their competition and after that they slowly went back to their selves.

1- Rehire Batista, The Hardy Boyz, Shelton Benjamin, Rhyno, Mordecai, Goldust, Ashley, Bobby Lashley, Carlito, Victoria, Chris Masters, Michelle McCool, John Morrison, Melina, Tajiri and Rob Van Dam

2- Cancel NXT because the 'Redemption' doesnt have a winner

3- pushing most of veteran wrestlers

4- Reinstated Bra & Panties matches

5- Jerry "The King" Lawler back as the full time heel commentator, Santino Marella turned heel(with a serious change) by becoming "the dark cloud" of the main event division and Stephanie McMahon turn into a strong, rockstyle heel diva by aligned herself with Brock Lensar after betraying Triple H

6- creating the Smackdown decade video game collection featuring SD, SD2, JBI, SYM, HCTP, SVR, SVR06, SVR07, SVR08 and SVR09

7- have the product to follow the same path as itself(WWF/E), ECW & WCW were during the late 1990s

8- hire Mick Foley as general manager of both Raw and Smackdown with Paul Heyman as his assisant

BQ: Attitude Era and Ruthless Aggression Era