This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'Angel Fraley v. Facebook Inc.' email....?
02-26-2013, 08:05 PM
'Angel Fraley v. Facebook Inc.' email....?
Hey guys!

I received the following email:

NOTICE OF PENDING CLASS ACTION AND NOTICE OF PROPOSED SETTLEMENT
ANGEL FRALEY V. FACEBOOK, INC.
You are receiving this e-mail because you may have been featured in a "Sponsored Story" on Facebook prior to December 3, 2012.
A federal court authorized this Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

Why did I get this notice? This Notice relates to a proposed settlement ("Settlement") of a class action lawsuit ("Action") filed against Facebook relating to a particular Facebook feature called "Sponsored Stories." According to available records, you may be a "Class Member."

What is the Action about? The Action claims that Facebook unlawfully used the names, profile pictures, photographs, likenesses, and identities of Facebook users in the United States to advertise or sell products and services through Sponsored Stories without obtaining those users' consent. Facebook denies any wrongdoing and any liability whatsoever. No court or other entity has made any judgment or other determination of any liability.

Etc etc. (It's so long...)

Is this email real or a scam?
I've tried searching answers from other users who had the same question, and some said it was real/legit, and others said it was fake/a scam. So, it's confusing me....! When I first saw it, I was pretty much scared, not gonna lie.

'My' Facebook account that this email got sent to was one of my pets' (yes, I thought it'd be cute to make a Facebook for a hamster and let others know what he was up to, etc, lol).

Thank you if you answer! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM

scared of what? you dont understand what a class action lawsuit is?

you didnt do anything wrong, facebook did

read this

http://abrax.us/Facebook/LegalNotice.php

Ads

I just got the exact same email, it seems this person must of used ppl's pictures without the users consent

It is legit. It was sent by facebook via Mark Zuckerberg @ facebookmail.

You're entitled to $10 if your picture was used for advertisement purposes. Facebook is still using people photo's in ad's without their consent as to this date. I really not care myself, because U.S. Government and Police use your 'digital driver license pictures’ like mugshots in their police cars all the time @ http://www.scribd.com/doc/47054620/BEWAR...nse-System .

Try collecting $10 for them.

I got the same thing! But he has a page and you can just easily ignore it…