This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I relax despite my nerves?
02-26-2013, 08:57 PM
How can I relax despite my nerves?
I'm a nervous person and I can't really relax or focus any more. I have some exams coming up and I'm struggling to revise for them because every time I try to, I get really down that I can't do something or really annoyed that I got something wrong. And when I try to relax, I don't know how. I try to play games (on the computer or on my Xbox) but I either lose focus or get annoyed that I'm not good at the game. I end up just surfing the internet, observing rather than contributing. I think this is all due to my nerves, but probably not entirely due to JUST that. I generally get nervous if I do write something and then post it, like on twitter or on here.

I feel like people won't like me or what I've wrote. I also tend to go to bed really late because I feel if I stay up late, I might be able to relax, kind of like I'm escaping from the day life (I never can relax though). This question is sort of a catharsis for me, getting all of this out, but I'd also appreciate any suggestions on what to do about any of this. I don't want to go to the doctors, so please don't suggest that.

This might not be a serious enough problem for the Mental Health category, and I'm sorry if it isn't.

Thank you for reading this/that.
IDK which answer to pick as best. Sorry.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Smokea joint, you'll be fine.

Ads

02-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Have a nice warm bubble bath
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM

I knwo it sounds incredibly cheesy, and you'll probably be unwilling to try but try yoga. You don't have to be flexible or anythingk, just find a quiet spot, sit down + shut your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine all your troubles floating away from you. There are some really good techniques online aswell. As for the XBox, you're just gonna have to slef discipline. turn it off or even ask someone to hide it. Turn your internet off, and just keep reading. Visulaise your goal, calling/ turning to your parents/spouse/etc saying' I passed my exams with full/very high marks or whatever. merry christmas xxxxxxx
02-26-2013, 09:20 PM

i could only really suggest some basic stuff that you could easily find on google anyway. try having a cup of tea or even a hot chocolate. playing games is probably not going to help you get to sleep or relax. im actually having similar problems at the moment and im pretty sure the problem is overstimulation. download some movies to watch or tv shows or something. get into bed a couple hours before you want to be asleep and just watch some movies on your laptop or something until you feel ready to sleep. also, trying to force yourself to sleep kinda breaks the part of your brain that works out your sleeping pattern, if you cant sleep then dont try to because then your body will get used to not falling asleep and then you will get some kind of insomia. as far as your studies go, dont aim so high. just focus on passing and getting just the core of your work done, you can always polish it later when you're in the right space of mind to get the better grades. hopefully something here helps you out buddy.
02-26-2013, 09:22 PM

Take a 10-minute walk. This will aid your body to reduce and let off vitality that may be foremost to your worry.
Listen to some music or a reduction CD. This will help divert you from thinking about your present overstress.
Stop compulsive thoughts. Keep hectic as much as possible outside your home is even well to evade getting bored.
Stop gossip about your past. If you must, seek counseling for expert help. Soon afterward try to move on with your life and leave your past after.
Breathe gradually. This will aid you to release some of the pressure you are feeling within minutes.