This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can i promote my in home bakery?
02-26-2013, 09:07 PM
How can i promote my in home bakery?
Would like to start a min bakery in my kitchen but how can I promote it and get my name and product out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2013, 09:14 PM

Get a website and have bake sales in ur area and take some of your products to kobs in your area at lunch time tell tgem you will deliver if needed its a start

Ads

02-26-2013, 09:16 PM

Tell your landlord.
He will have to get insurance for this, permits etc.
Chances are he will not allow it.
Landlords do walk throughs - remember this.
If he catches you running a business - you will be evicted.

If you own a home, you also need home insurance for this.
If your kitchen catches on fire, and you never told the insurance, this would be fraud by deception and your claim would be denied.

Know that it is not easy to pull a profit from this.
Materials, costs of packaging, decorating, electricity, etc.
Keep track of your expenses.
Make sure you do not sell your product for cheaper than it costs you to make the product.
This could mean $25 for a cake.
02-26-2013, 09:18 PM

The best way to start is by promoting and introducing your products to your circle of friends and family members. Also join some community events in your area where you can showcase your goods and hopefully get some excellent feedbacks from customers. And do not forget the power of the social media. It is free and has a wide coverage so use that to your advantage.
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM

Realize that your kitchen must be inspected and licensed by the Health & Sanitation Department. You may also have to get a food handling license before you're legally allowed to sell anything you make in your kitchen. It is not easy to meet the Health Dept. requirements, so find out if this is even doable for you before thinking about promoting your baked goods.

How you promote you business should be based on who you're planning to sell to - your target market. Will you just bake and then sell at a farmer's market (or where?), will you cater, will you only bake when a customer places an order?

Probably the best way to get noticed is to offer free samples. Offer to provide your baked goods and, say, coffee, at a business networking meeting, church event, town hall session, Rotary Club meeting, etc. Put some brochures and business cards near the food.

Try attending some business networking meetings in your area even if you don't want to offer free baked goods. Make sure you take business cards and brochures.

You should also have a web presence. You can make a small website for free. You could just have one page with afew photos of your baked goods, a blurb about what you offer and contact information. Or you can have separate pages including online ordering.
02-26-2013, 09:31 PM

You won't be allowed to bake from home. Most local and state Board of Health requirements prohibit selling items that have been made in a home kitchen.

Most people work around this by renting a commercial kitchen -- often a local church which isn't being used during the week.

Look into your local laws VERY carefully before you start this. Remember there are also state and federal labeling laws for homemade food.

Once you've actually started baking, the best way to get known is to go around giving out samples of your products. Good luck!
02-26-2013, 09:34 PM

Hi,

you can register you business on Google and Groupon for local for exposure
Also you can create Facebook and Twitter accounts and try to add friends and followers in you local area. You can try Facebook PPC, cos they have low cost per click and you can target in your local area.

I hope this helps.