This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LUPE FIASCO'S ALBUM LASERS?
10-12-2012, 07:57 AM
LUPE FIASCO'S ALBUM LASERS?
THERE IS A PETTITION GOING AROUND TO RELEASE IT BECAUSE HIS LABEL IS BEING A BITCH.
http://www.petitiononline.com/Beaming/petition.html
POST IT ON MUSIC BLOGS
TWEET IT.
HELP MAKE #WEWANTLASERS A TRENDING TOPIC ON TWITTER

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:06 AM

ive been waitin forever for it

Ads

I came on here solely to make a question informing people about this but you beat me to it by less than a minute haha!

Already signed it, they've got almost 6,000 sigs now, we gotta get Atlantic Records to notice this guys! Sign the damn thing, it takes less than a minute.

And yes, his label is being a *****. They put out albums from Juvenile and Kelis before they put out Lasers, when we all know damn well that Lasers will outsell both of them combined.

@B.k.S. This petition has actually made a pretty decent impact so far. Along with the near 6,000 sigs, the petition has been mentioned on tons of Internet news sites, including HipHopDX, RapBasement, SOHH, etc. There's a whole group of people on KLive trying to get this to be a trending topic on twitter, and Lupe himself has commented on the situation telling people to keep signing it. It's gonna be hard for Atlantic not to notice this.

Yup I Signed Once But i'm a Sign A couple Hundred Times (: Make sure You sign Till Your Hands fall off! Thanks!

I'm shocked at how many intelligent regs are naive enough to think an online petition means ANYTHING. Read this article:

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE CALL ATLANTIC RECORDS. Flood their voicemails and email inboxes with complaints about their treatment of Lupe Fiasco's album. Tell them you will cease to support Atlantic records music and they have lost a consumer. I swear to god if you people put as much effort into something practical like this as you did these online petitions the album would be in stores by Tuesday.

EDIT: LOL. Atlantic doesn't give 2 shits about an online petition. Even if it shows up on their radar, and, so what? If you're not directing your outrage to the people who actually have the power to change anything, all the features on hip hop websites still won't do a damn thing.

And to the person who said it's for publicity. That's plausible but unlikely. I think what really happened is that Atlantic got really pissed off when Lupe, one of their rising stars, announced that he's retiring after his third album. Despite being obligated to make several more under his contract.

So the label is playing politics and saying "oh you don't want to make more albums or make the type of music we want you to, well we'll just shelve this one and put your career on hold. We made you, we can break you"

atlantic records is on bullshit hopefully he just leaks it accidently on purpose

Honestly, I think by now atlantic has "noticed" but that doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it. This might be exactly what they wanted to do, get it hyped up so when it does drop everyone and their mother is going to cop it. I guess now I fully understand why some artists sign to independent labels. The petiton is getting a lot of media attention even some people who have never heard a lupe fiasco album are like this dude must be this good if all these people are getting tight because his record label has shelfed his album. It could be a publicity thing. They should give it a release date that's the least they could do.

@B.K.S
That could very well be the situation but what's the point of stalling. They could just leak it and that could be the end of that. Its not like they have anything to lose.

I helped your cause.