This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I thought you said we weren't friends anymore. So why all the FB stuff from you?
02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
I thought you said we weren't friends anymore. So why all the FB stuff from you?
I can't figure this out at all. A longtime friend of mine for several years (who's been acting about a quarter of his age) has been doing all he can to get a negative reaction out of me. Since I haven't acknowledged the negativity and chosen to concentrate only on the positive, he very childishly announced that we were no longer friends.

I simply shrugged and let it go. I've been quietly going about my business. And yet:

1. He still has me on his FB friends list.
2. He has not blocked me in any way, shape or form.
3. He keeps moving me around between his different "lists" every three days or so, so I keep getting alerts that he's either posting obnoxious stuff, or public stuff, or family stuff, or stuff for "best friends", etc... then four days will go by with his not flooding me with alerts at all, then he begins the same process all over again.

I simply ignore it all, keep quiet and go about my business. I myself have moved him to "acquaintance", since that supposedly means you won't get as much alerts that way. It doesn't work; not with what he's doing, anyway. I don't want to actually unfriend/block him in case he decides he wanrs to apologize one day, but this just seems so weird.

Does this mean he's trying to get a reaction out of me or something? I mean, for someone who announced he no longer wanted to be friends... well, you get the idea. I just can't figure out what he thinks he's doing. I'm a guy too, btw, so it's not like it's romantic or anything; but seriously, it sure seems like he's trying to get attention of some kind. I don't know FB enough to tell: what does this mean?

Signed,
Puzzled
P.S. This has been going on for months now. He said he didn't want to talk anymore, so as mentioned I've been quiet throughout all this and respecting his wishes, so I don't think asking him is a good idea. :/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2013, 11:21 PM

Just block the idiot. If they wont be sensible then dont associate with them at all. If they really want to be your friend they will contact you outside of facebook. Blocking people is not the social taboo everybody thinks it is

Ads

02-27-2013, 11:31 PM

the only thing i can suggest is you can probably defriend him. Or remove him from your friends list. And then remove him. But facebook is tough even if you do that he maybe still be able to send stuff to you if that happens you may have to delete your account like i had to mind.

Also twitter and linkedin is much more secure.