This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my phone die fast and take a long time to charge?
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Why does my phone die fast and take a long time to charge?
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. My phone takes a long time to charge. I've never had a phone that ever took that long to charge. I can honestly say it takes about 3 - 4 minutes for one percent charge. And it also dies really fast. If i'm on Facebook for about 20 minutes it would take about 20 percent of my battery. Is this just how my phone battery is because my phone has a big screen? Or did i not brake in my battery the correct way when i first got it? The way i did it was when i first got my phone it had about 70% charge, i used up that 70% percent till my phone died and then i charged my phone to 100% but i was using it while it was charging. Did i do something wrong? I'll vote best answer. Thanks . (:

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM

it should take a normal cell phone running a 2100mah or less battery about 2-3 hours to fully charge to 100%, and depending on your current usage and background apps/widgets----- it can drop to 10% in 2-16 hours (average battery usage is 6-8 hours on 1 charge for a normal user). It has nothing to do with how your first used your battery. Thats old 1980s thinking!!!! Li Ion batteries dont work that way. you did nothing wrong.....

Either you have a defective battery (get it replaced at the carrier store)....

..... or your usage is abnormally high..... get Watchdog LTE. Its a task manager. Battery usage is directly porportional to CPU usage. Get Watchdog, go the 3rd top on the top right corner, and see what apps or widgets or both that is sucking up CPU (and thus the batttery), then modify those apps or widget settings...... remember, the more you make your phone do, the faster the battery dies!

OR, check out the battery stats in Settings > Battery... see what you are doing to suck up battery and then modify those settings.

Also, get Juice Defender or another battery saving app that will help......

other things that suck up battery are:
Live wallpapers... just use normal wallpaper
Social Networking and email widgets... widgets are stupid, just use the apps
Screen brightness.... set it to 30 or 40%... no need to set it to auto or 70%+ brightness
push notifications... if you have an app that has notification settings, set them to check every 2+ hours or to manual.... no need to check every 5-15 minutes!!!!!!!!!
Video/music/radio streaming and games... huge battery hogs!!!

See androidcentral.com... go to the GS3 subforums... click on their battery saving tips and tricks thread....

Goof luck

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply