This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best smartphone for a teenager?
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Best smartphone for a teenager?
Well right now I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I'm not sure I want it anymore. I go through phones fast so I feel like my mom is getting really annoyed. I am 15. I was thinking between fixing my s3 or getting a nokia lumia 920 because I have enough money now. Here is what I use my phone for:

Games
texting (like 24/7)
internet
taking pictures
apps like facebook and iheartradio

thinks that I NEED to keep a phone longer:

Doesn't crack everytime you drop it
has a long battery life (for a smart phone)
camera that takes amazing pictures

hears why I like the nokia:

You can you the screen with gloves and pens but you can also turn that off
it's brighter out in the sun
it's fast

Things I'm scared to try the nokia for:

I've never had a windows phone before
What if I get confused on the live tiles
I haven't heard anything about actual apps like games and stuff

what I love about my phone:

takes amazing and fast pictures
screen is bright and shows everything clearly
the eye detector thingy
I actually have a wallpaper on it...

Things I hate about my phone:
the keyboard
it's too skinny and hard to hold onto
it's WAY to fragile for me
it keeps overheating for some reason
the battery life is draining all of a sudden

I am open to other phones besides these too if you think you know somehting that would work better...but IT CANNOT BE BIGGER THAN THE S3

So...for a 15 year old girl who's phone likes and needs are above ^^ what phone would you suggest? Nokia? S3? or something else? (no I phones my step brother says they are slow and horrible plus i don't like itunes)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:51 AM

my cousin has a lumia 920 and it looks pretty good. if you are into facebook, twitter, emailing, internet and social things then it is a good choice but the problem is the market place because it has absolutely no games. also the camera is good but the s3's is better with still photos (recording videos on lumia is slightly better).
bottom line if you can survive without games and you are really into social media then get it but if you want the games and better camera the keep the s3 (also s3 is way more powerful)

Ads

02-28-2013, 01:00 AM

HTC Desire is good.
I realy only use it for the Internets.
It has a good Camera, with Eight Megapixels.
It's battery life is good, BUT, you'll have to get a new battery for it after a year or so, but it doesn't cost that much.
It has a while range of great apps, and it doesn't use up your data that much. Most if them are for free.
My sister has the same phone, she texts all the time, and she has no problem with texting on it whatsoever.

It's surprisingly sturdy.
I've dropped mine at least 10 times, once in a puddle and another time I spilt Lucozade on it and it still works fine.
I will suggest getting a good quality case for about £10.
It'll lessen the chances of the phone being damaged if it does get dropped.
The case might seem a bit expensive, but it'll last longer.
02-28-2013, 01:10 AM

Hi Kitty

As you seem pretty clued up about the phones you are interested in, specifically the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Nokia Lumia 920, I will just tell you about some of the major differences about the two phones and how they might have an impact on you.

Firstly, the S3 as you know is a very good, reliable and technologically superb phone, and as such it covers all of the bases pretty well as I'm sure you are already aware. It has a pretty good camera at 8-megapixels for your photography needs, a fast processor so the phone works quickly and efficiently, especially when doing things like browsing the internet or social networks.
Importantly, the S3 runs off Android operating system and uses the Android marketplace and apps, which you will have become used to, however I'm sure at some stage you will have had a quick go of someone's iPhone or iPad and experienced their apps, which are near enough exactly the same, it's just where you download them from that differs. So if you were to decide to get the Lumia 920, although the marketplace is different, the apps will be very similar and there will also be some exclusive to Windows apps that you will be able to get your hands on.

On top of the features you have mentioned that you know about with the Lumia 920, it has also an improved camera over the S3, improved Wi-Fi technology for browsing the internet quicker, a 1.5GHz processor for good speed, plus "Gorilla Glass", which is strengthened glass that should hopefully prevent your phone from getting to scratched or damaged!
Finally, it also has some other great features like Dolby Headphone sound enhancement for listening to music through your phone at a greater quality plus loads of other cool features.

Although you are a bit unsure about the new Windows operating system, like with anything new, you will get used to it and grow to love it, I speak from experience as I work with phones every day and get to sample all the cool features and operating systems!

I'd advise to check out some more details on the Lumia 920, plus some reviews to help with your decision, here's a link to our page:

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Nokia_...20_Yellow/

Hope this helps you out Smile

Joe
02-28-2013, 01:13 AM

something that does all that (minus camera stuff) is a Nook Color it is GREAT!!!!!!! For a phone; however, Iwould suggest a Cricket Move Muse it's not just music like the title suggests but it has everything you need and it's an affordable price ; )