This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else subscribe to the current trend of 'Twittering'?
10-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Does anyone else subscribe to the current trend of 'Twittering'?
Apparently, even the Queen is due to deliver her Christmas message in a Twitter-style format:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8144381.stm

Despite hating Facebookᵀᴹ, I can at least accept that it serves some purpose, handy for those travelling long-term out of the country, for example.

But just what is the point of a site that relies on grossly over-rated celebrities like Lily Allen writing 'profound' sentences each day?

Are the Royal Family 'down with the kids' or simply looking like idiots?
Maybe they should try 'Twuntering', or 'Twottering'...
Helly Moo:- I have got into the habit of changing my name anytime I hear an inspired lyric or song title. This one at the time of typing is from the song '11 + 11' by Nine Below Zero (see my profile - dated badly now!). In it, the singer reveals who there was "More to do, when I was seven"...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:07 AM

they're just a bunch of twits.

Ads

I opened an account.

I tweeted once and then I ran out of steam.

I think twitter honestly in no disrespect is a little out of hand and over blown. One you've seen one fad you have seen them all.

Twitter is something like a service that would do better if it integrated with facebook and myspace somehow etc. It's hard for new technologies to stand on there own sometimes.

Not me...i can barely keep up with facebook...

i really don't know

i am such a cyber moron that it would be considered dangerous to allow me to twitter

x

considering old slapper jordan uses it to slag off peter, it denotes that its for the use of idiots to be read by morons. Ideal for phillip but not for the queen.

I signed up just to see what all the fuss is about but I just dont get it.

As far as I can make out its only any good if you have a vaguely interesting life.

Mine would read; made a cup of tea, answered a question on Yahoo, cut me toenails, cleaned the oven, bought a loaf of bread etc etc....you get my point
Might be good for chronic insomniacs to read I suppose

Firstly I think the whole 'Twittering' trend is over exaggerated. ''everybody's twittering''' was just an idea to get people away from Facebook and over to Twitter. Secondly I don't have time to waste 'Twittering'. Facebook is more exciting and there is much more to do on there than on Twitter.

Twitter is one of the stupidest and most annoying things to ever hit the internet.