This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WHO HELP IS AGAINST SOPA?
10-12-2012, 07:58 AM
WHO HELP IS AGAINST SOPA?
It will cripple basically our lives. Most of us get our weather forecast from Facebook, get latest trends from Twitter, and get homework help (don't mean cheating) from Google or Wikipedia. SOPA would censoring what we have to say! If SOPA passes, then we no longer have a voice.
Isn't America all about free speech? This would be almost as bad as if Mitt Romney became king, gays couldn't marry, and we'd all be exactly the same.
WOW, I just realized I wrote HELP in the question instead of ELSE. Haha...
@CityNig- I wasn't bagging on what you said! I was just adding on to my question. Suddenly you've turned from a cool liberal guy to a jackass.
@CityNig- Oh wait I was bagging on what you said.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:07 AM

It won't get passed, trust me.

Ads

Eh I'm more of the liberal kid (legalize marijuana, gays can get married, etc...) but right now, I don't really care about this stuff but I do usually research my homework because my teachers don't understand it. There are plenty of other sites besides Wikipedia (which doesn't always have true info). So you can get pretty much everything form anywhere on the internet that doesn't involve those websites...
But yes, I will be pretty pissed if that happens cus it contradicts the first amendment (free speech).

Edit: Isn't that what I just said? "it contradicts the first amendment (free speech)." Do you not know what "contradicts" means. SOPA totally goes against free speech of the people.

Why are you talking?

Fuck congress.

First of all I dont get my weather forcast from facebook I get it from the news.Second of all if I need homework help I go to the librairy.And last but not least it will not really cripple us because we still have other resources.

This country is getting more and more like a monarchy. I believe in the first amendment. I have the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. Other people do as well. The government is encroaching on these basic rights. It's unconstitutional. I think that all will end badly if this gets passed...

It won't get passed. There are like 7 billion people on Earth who use stuff like Google and Wiki. Congress can't measure up to 7 billion, no matter how powerful they think they are. It's not gonna happen.

everyone except congress

I signed that petition today Smile

I don't think it will get passed though.