This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marketing/branding solution to financial crisis?
02-28-2013, 01:53 AM
Marketing/branding solution to financial crisis?
Ok so I'm just a regular guy, 23 years old. And I live in Holland with a social benefit kind of thing... so I have got a lot of time. Really. And I feel like it... causes me to be able to think about things other people don't have time for without any pressure.

So I had this idea recently. And I keep coming back to it because I think it might be pretty cool.

But I have got this hunch that all of these conspiracy theories about how money is created by banks and how it really doesn't have any value except for imagined value... as long as we believe it has value... it does...

Anyway money is perhaps the worlds biggest problem. It causes immoral behaviour. It's not real. It's like... if you look at the days where religion was at it's peak in Europe hundreds of years ago... it only caused wars... although the essence of religion and the meaning of religion is really good. It's underestimated nowadays.

Money is the new belief system. And religion kind of merged into the money system gradually. But it's just as bad right now for us as our religion was in those days.

Anyway, I believe like I'm spotting a solution to the financial crisis. Because companies increasingly spend money on marketing... and marketing wars... branding... and it's pretty much... yeah as a lone potential customer I often feel really powerless against those powerfull coorporations. But the one thing they are so... dumb at... IMO... but yeah apparently it's worth it... is just throwing money away for reputation. Branding.

And I have this hunch... that... perhaps... at some time... wich will be the reason China won't take over as a super power... money will become more and more worthless... and with the upcoming computer power... I think...

Perhaps some day we will smoothly transition... into a world where... (it's already happening from the top down)... your image/brand is worth more than all of your money combined.

The problem is though... in these modern days the richest companies... often have the biggest problems when it comes down to ethical behaviour. But that's going to balance itsself out.

I'm just the messenger.

One thing I believe. I just want to make an unbiased example. What Shell did in Nigeria? It got them 30 billion dollars I believe I read somewhere... is that true? I think it's going to cost them more reputational damage than that they can solve with 30 billion dollars...

It's going to haunt them in the future.

Money is getting a little bit more useless as well because it was a currency for logistics as well. Transfer of goods basically. Nowadays with internet and increased ease with wich we can order something and get something that's on the other side of the world... money is going to get... uhm... perhaps... less valuable.

It would be... really good anyway. The best thing about it though is that I'm spotting this as a trend that seems... uhm... it seems like we... in some... kind of collective consciousness... already seem to know this. Because we... are already steering towards this path. Maybe becoming aware of this future change can speed things up a little. This is not me having an idea for a solution to the financial crisis... that still has to be implemented now. It will implement itsself I believe. So that takes the weight off my shoulders.

But in the end I'll always be... if the whole world thinks it's a crap idea... then this message is pointless. So I want to ask your opinions, do you think this...

It's a change anyway. But do you think this will provide a solution as well? Or will it never... pivot... past the... point where... reputation itsself will become more valuable than money...?

Means through wich to accomplish this are just communication in general. Journalists are the real warriors here. But media like Facebook... although having serious reputational problems themselves... could be real good... ways of... "measuring" this reputation stuff.

What do you think? Basically... instead of being... like... money... you will go to a shop and people will... have this database... and just know if they want to give... you something... in exchange for what you have done for them really. But work... and money. It doesn't cover it. Ethics aren't paid for at all. But they benefit the greater good. There's going to be payment for that in the future because I think it's inevitable.

What do you think? Pretty idealistic huh? Maybe a bit too over the top. But give it some time. And thought. It's not that big of a change... just better IMO. Without negatives... perhaps only for people that only care about themselves. But on a bigger scale? I think it's only upsides.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 01:57 AM

money is easier to spend than it is to get because we are conquered. thats pretty much the bottom line

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply