This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I get kik and Instagram on kindle?
02-28-2013, 02:18 AM
Can I get kik and Instagram on kindle?
I'm looking for a ereader with 3g. I'm planning on getting a kindle paperwhite, but other than reading, I also want to be able to use my kik and Instagram. Can I get them on a kindle paperwhite? If not, what other kindle would be better, or is there any other ereader with 3g, and that can use kik and instagram?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:25 AM

You can find Instagram on the Kindle here (just do search for kik in the appstore, it's there as well):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008PPG...aejamvc-20

For the apps, you can get them on your computer to your Amazon account. They'll then appear on your Kindle (as it's registered to your Amazon account as well).

However, they can't be used on the Kindle Paperwhite. The Kindle Paperwhite e-reader is great for reading purpose only. You can do a bit sharing on facebook or twitter, but you can't use Instagram or Kik on it. Those needs apps, and you can only use them on the tablets like Kindle Fire. There're basically two kinds of Kindles:

1. Kindle e-readers: Kindle Paperwhite, the basic Kindle
2. Kindle tablets: Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD

The Kindle Paperwhite 3G model comes with free 3G, which is good. Just don't expect you can do a lot with the free 3G, because browser on the Kindle e-readers are quite elementary, and they only allow access via 3G for Amazon store, Wikipedia, Google. Other websites you need to use WiFi.

If you need features other than reading, then go for Kindle Fire HD. It's not bad for reading purpose too. Here you can find an actual user review on using the Kindle Fire HD for reading, as well as other features:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R175IJV9UMK...hwonaew-20

Hope it helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply