This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do I feel like I am an advanced form of intelligence trapped in the body of a human?
02-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Why do I feel like I am an advanced form of intelligence trapped in the body of a human?
IThe pleasures that most people get out of life such as interpersonal relationships, facebook, sport statistics,etc,ect, have little to no value to me. What is even more frustrating is I am limited of understanding my place in the universe because it can be argued the human race is in an evolutionary limbo or standstill, we know JUST enough to frustrate us, knowing the vastness of the cosmos but having no tangible way to get there. It is hard for me to go through daily life because in a way I look down on the human race as inferior. I know there is more out there so I am unable to accept the reality everyone else accepts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:33 AM

Its becuse your so smart in things you just fell that way i fell that way to like i sould be some thing else like a dragon or an animal so your not left out

Ads

why not just take up science or be and astrophysicist.

Its a good thing that you understand your potential.
There are some people in this world who are very different or smarter than others. Most of them, though, may often be the victim of being ignored or isolated due to a huge difference in tastes.
My suggestion is - why don't you start something new this time, something REAL!
Make a good use of your intelligence and skill.
No one's gonna stop you from trying new things.
Come on, give out the best in you. . I bet there are lots of people out there who are just curious to learn whatever anyone can teach them!

-The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than average. This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their mistakes.[1]

Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. David Dunning and Justin Kruger conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others".[2]-

-Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about current political issues, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).-

Delusions of grandeur? Narcissism and a superiority complex? Chemical imbalance? Just a plain old lack of education?

Hard to pin down the exact reason for your feelings.

Probably because you are an idiot who can't even post to the right category.

Sounds like you're a teenager feeling alienated or a luddite unwilling to accept what social media brings, perhaps a teenager luddite with angst.

It is likely because you're not competent to judge your own competence, and the unearned conceit to believe in yourself.

Intelligence isnt always having to do with being smart. Intelligence is knowing whether or not you have to stop a situation from getting out of control.