This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In a Dell Latitude E6420/E6520 laptop, how do I find the Num Lock on the keyboard?
02-28-2013, 02:38 AM
In a Dell Latitude E6420/E6520 laptop, how do I find the Num Lock on the keyboard?
I've been trying to find the Number Lock so I can write the accents in Spanish but the Alt + Codes will not work if the ''Num Lock'' light is not ON, please heelp me!!!!!
Thanks Nikita, I deeply appreciate your answer. I already have the Alt+ codes/values, my problem is that I have not been able to enable/turn ON the ''Num Lock'' on the keyboard and for this reason, the Alt+ codes/values do not work. I want to know how to enable the ''Num Lock''....

Thanks again,....Happy New Year!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 02:40 AM

Hello, I am Nitika from the Dell Social Media outreach team

To create these characters in virtually every WINDOWS/DOS program: hold down the Alt key as type of shift key, and while doing so enter the ASCII value on the numeric keypad (on the right side of the keyboard), then release the Alt key.
Note: you may have to have the Num Lock key turned on for this option to work.

The ASCII values for the Spanish characters are:
Type of
Character Character Value Type of
Character Character Value
accented a á
= 160 tilde + n ñ
= 164
accented e é
= 130 tilde + N Ñ
= 165
accented i í
= 161 inverted ! ¡
= 173
accented o ó
= 162 inverted ? ¿
= 168
accented u ú
= 163 left angled quotes «
= 174
accented E É
= 144 right angled quotes »
= 175
dieresis u ü
= 129

If in case you do face any challenges in the process, please feel free to contact me directly by sending me an email or by through a reply to this blog.

We would recommend you do not post your private information on a public forum.

Thanks & Regards
DELL_NITIKA_K
Dell Social Media Responder

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply