This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's with the WWE's obsession with social media?
10-12-2012, 07:59 AM
What's with the WWE's obsession with social media?
I get it. Wwe has always dreamed of going mainstream. But I think it's gone too far.

Announcing when something wrestling-related is trending, okay, I'm not fully against that. But telling us 3-5 times per night how many twitter followers there are in the WWE? It just seems flat out pointless and annoying.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll ask anyways. Are you flat out pissed with Vince's flat out obsession with social media?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM

they're just trying to stay relevant, being that we're in the computer age

Ads

Yes I agree with you, needless to say that Twitter pays them, but they act like Twitter is a "part" of WWE Universe, which is just wrong, its good to promote the company as a mainstream product, its another thing to ADVERTISE for social network sites. WWE seems to have forgotten tha distinction, or have they? Only Vince himself knows, I just don't like it that they shove Twitter down our throats every night.

They're just trying to expand they're fan base..............FUCK TWITTER!!!!

It's 'all about networking and marketing. It's helps position their company so you get every piece of information coming from them, helps the fans who are interested to stay up to date and helps bring more people to twitter.

Everyone wins ( except those annoyed with all the mentions )