This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I right to want or expect my significant other to be completely honest with me?
02-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Am I right to want or expect my significant other to be completely honest with me?
I am beginning to realize, after asking many questions about my boyfriend, that perhaps he is all wrong for me. He is not honest about a lot of things, including contact with his ex or talking to other women. He does not tell me these things, and when I find out and get upset, he acts like I am the one with the problem. He told me tonight that his business is his business, and that he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants. My ex husband once said the same thing, when I found him talking to an old girlfriend on Facebook. I left because I felt he was not being as honest with me as I was with him. I guess I can be overly controlling with my new boyfriend because I felt burned by my ex. Am I wrong to expect honesty like this, or is my boyfriend right? I need to know, because if I am right, I can feel free to move on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 04:00 AM

Trust is one of the main foundation of any relationship. If you can feel that he is not being true to you most of the time i would suggest that you leave him . Ofcourse he has to be honest all the time and if he fails to do so he doesn't desrve you.

Ads

02-28-2013, 04:01 AM

you are right. Honesty is very important in a relationship. You have to be able to trust each other for it to work out if not its just a turmoil and turns into hell.

I would be like, "Ok, since its your business than I will take myself out of your life since I obviously am not part of your life"

Get out while you can before you get too attached and see it as a norm. Its not you, sounds like he is a jerk
02-28-2013, 04:07 AM

Move on. We all have our own personal deal breakers. Mine is not showing respect. I don't go around talking with my exes and I would expect my wife to do the same. If you are truly the woman in his life, then he needs to treat you as such. If he expects to have a private life then he needs to be single. There is no private life in a relationship. Honesty is always the best policy.
Good luck.