This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dont want my Instagram and Facebook account connected?
02-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Dont want my Instagram and Facebook account connected?
On my instagram it shows on my news feed "Your Facebook friend ________ has joined Instagram" and its people im not even friends with! Some of them i do know however.But I dont even know how my FB and IG account got connected to each other? So how do i stop this? I dont want them to have anything to do with each other. Please Help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 04:38 AM

If you share your Instagram photos on Facebook (Which is an option when you're posting photos on IG) then they become synced. If you don't want them synced then go to your Facebook apps tab & delete the app from your Facebook.

Ads

02-28-2013, 04:40 AM

Hi,

Instagram is now a part of Facebook. And with the recent update of the application, you have no choice but to integrate your Facebook account with your Instagram. I had reset my phone, and when I downloaded the application, I had no option of logging in or creating a new ID using my e-mail credentials.

What I inferred from that was that one can no longer use Instagram as a stand-alone app. You must have a Facebook account to use it. That is my inference, I may or may not be right.

Hope this helps! Smile