This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone have solutions to these relationship issues? (especially tips from guys!)?
10-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Does anyone have solutions to these relationship issues? (especially tips from guys!)?
Recently, I've been noticing some issues within my relationship that I'd like to solve. We've been in the relationship for years, so I don't think I'm ready to call it quits because of these things, but they are quite irritating! So please tell me what I should do & what you guys think.

PROBLEM: Recently, he's become this big Twitter "fanatic" (for lack of better words). Before, he was never on Twitter, never cared about it and honestly thought it was stupid. But now, he's always checking it from his phone & telling people to follow him.
MY SOLUTION: I've asked him not to check his Twitter/FB when we're together and he does pretty well with that. I'm just worried that he's gonna become detached from our relationship because of it and start spending more and more time worrying about who's tweeting him, what's trending, etc...

PROBLEM: I recently moved into my own apartment by myself and he's there a lot. He comes over and eats the food and uses my saline solution, toothpaste, etc.. but doesn't think to put some groceries in the house or replenish something when it's gone. I get that he's not living there and he's not obligated to do so, but when I brought it up to him he got a little upset when I don't think he had the right to be.
MY SOLUTION: I've asked him to pick up things every now and then from the grocery store, but he'll get the cheapest thing because he doesn't want to spend money on anything, when I spend $150 on groceries that HE EATS TOO!

PROBLEM: Lately, he's been making a few disrespectful, patronizing comments. Sometimes saying things that undermine my intelligence. He says he's kidding, but he usually says it with a straight face.
MY SOLUTION: I tell him that what he says hurts my feelings, and that I do way too much for him to be talking to me the way he does. He sometimes doesn't get it and is just like, "okay well I'm sorry." But it's never really...sincere.

In general, he seems a bit bored with me. I don't know if our relationship is just hitting a bump in the road or what... but these things have been bothering me and he knows it. But I may need to try a new approach. Anything will be helpful! Thanks in advance!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM

hmm talk to him about some more actually tell him if hes bored..make him feel bad lol. he cud be twittering a lot becuz hes with som other girl emotionally..tht fact tht he doesnt care about bringing food is a lil weird..he shud atleast bring somthing if he cares for you..as for the rude comments all guys like to tease so i dont think its a big deal...all in all id say he does look a bit bored, but nothing to worry about. talk to him! relationships are a two way street give him some love and out of respect he will grow up a bit and b a better man for you.

Ads

10-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Twitter Problem: Next you are on a date, ask him what he's doing. When he says he is checking his Twitter, tell him he seems distracted and you'll give him privacy to check his account. Then get up and leave and go home. Yes, I'm serious. Walk out at that moment and take a bus or cab home if necessary.

Food Problem: Make a list of what he eats when he stops by. Go to the grocery store together and tell him that when you invite him over for dinner, you are paying for the food. But when he treats your kitchen like an "All you can eat" restaurant, he is going to buy these items on your list.

Mean Comments Problem: Anytime he makes a bad comment, stop and look him right in the eye. Say "When you say something like that, do you think it makes me like you more?" Then give 10 seconds of pure silence and then go back to whatever you were doing. (He is now on notice that one more comment might get him dumped).

Other:

Make a rule that he MUST call before coming to your apartment. Women don't like surprise guests, not even boyfriends (maybe once a month).

Cut down to 2 dates per week and NO communication between dates. See if his attraction to you improves when you have some time apart.