This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is it wise to use adsense for social networking site to make money ?
02-28-2013, 05:06 AM
is it wise to use adsense for social networking site to make money ?
I am planning to make a social networking web site, so I`m thinking how to make money from it.
Off course I don't have illusions that it will have so many members that I can make money by making my own ad engine. Also I don't want to add banners with pictures to web site (I think it makes it cheap looking) so what would you suggest to do about ads to have some real revenue?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:16 AM

You won't earn much

Why? Because users who go to a social networking site are interested to network, to interact. They are in no mood to buy. Plus, they tend to attract the same users everyday

It's just like a forum -- regular users develop banner ad blindness. Hence they ignore ads. When people ignore your ads, then your CTR is low and you will not earn much

Plus, since the main reason people go to the your site is to interact, not to purchase, you can't expect a high eCPM. Low eCPM means low pay. Worse, you can be subjected to smart pricing where Google devalues the clicks your site gets because of its poor conversion history for advertisers

If you want to earn money from Adsense, create a site where people are ready to buy. One example is a review site.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply