This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Embarrassed to wear Bob's. (fake Toms)?
10-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Embarrassed to wear Bob's. (fake Toms)?
So when I was back to school shopping I bought a pair of cute brown bobs;however, they are fake toms! I'm going into highschool where I don't know anyone because i just moved here and am worried about people making fun of me. I saw on twitter when "#freshmanAdvice" was trending a bunch of girls were saying "don't wear Bobs or any other type of fake toms"
Personally I think this is ridiculous. My shoes were $40 and toms are only $50, but I don't have any stores near me selling them.
So, do you think I should wear my bobs on the first day?
What is your thoughts on bobs?
Thank you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM

Well, if you are embarrassed to wear Bobs, then you could always order Tom's from their website.

http://www.toms.com/

Ads

Just return the Bobs and buy TOMS , TOM's are 44$ and bobs are $39 just pay the extra $5 and get TOMS Smile

Just wear it if you want to. Anyone who calls you out on it is just plain shallow. Be confident and don't worry Smile

Wear whatever you want! What people think about you shouldn't have anything to do with a pair of shoes! I understand that people can be really judging but if they're judging you on shoes then they're unlikely to be people that will matter to you.

They look similiar and I wouldn't make fun of somebody wearing them. But, if your that worried about why not go ahead and get the Toms if they are only $10 more. BUT why dont you just order the Toms from nordstrom they are only $43.95 and if you dont have a store near you they have FREE shipping! Just order them in the same size as the Bobs!
Hope I helpedSmile

(use the link to go straight to the Toms on Nordstroms website)

You're right, the #freshmanAdvice people are being ridiculous. If they look cool, people won't really care. If someone asks, be honest. You could try telling them the store didn't have the Toms in the exact color you wanted, but it shouldn't have to come to that. If they have a serious problem with the brand name, they may not be the type of people you want to hang out with.

But honestly, it's the first day. People aren't going to be trying to figure out what kind of shoes you're wearing; they're gonna be trying to figure out what kind of person you are.

Haley, take a deep breathe,exhale,relax. Its not the end of the world. Sketchers Bobs are also a "brand name" shoe. They give a pair to a child in need and they are just as comfortable as Toms.Nike and Reebok are two brand names. Does it make any difference whatsoever as to which brand YOU choose to wear? Are kids that wear Nike better then kids that wear Reebok and vice versa? No! Why its YOUR choice. Its like UGG australia boots. Everyone thinks that any other brand name is not an UGG boot but thats simply NOT true. If you research UGG boots you'd know the truth. Ug Ugh Ugly and Ugg are all nothing but generic words used to discribe types and styles of boots made from sheepskin.Under International Law its illegal to trademark® a generic word that discribes any product sold to a consumer (Ugg wars). So why did UGG australia get the coveted ® on there boots? They werent honest in court basically. Most like 99.9% of girls dont know this nor do they know UGG boots were NOT for women until 10 or so years ago but were only a mens boot. Try shoes-boots.net and sheepskindirect.com for more info.

#freshmenadvice needs to learn about what they are discussing especially when under todays economic conditions not everyone can afford the brand name goods. They should be telling people whats trending by using general words like Epareldas (the style name for Toms and Bobs type footwear) are hot for back to school this year. And then show examples using say Toms Bobs Soda and othet brand names.

I have Toms and my sister has Bobs and there is no difference whatsoever. They are both good brand names and it shouldnt matter. If you were at my school Id compliment you on your Bobs.