This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I get the Kindle Fire HD or the Nexus 7?
02-28-2013, 05:30 AM
Should I get the Kindle Fire HD or the Nexus 7?
I want to get a tablet because it will be easier to stay connected without lugging my laptop around and I'm going off too college rather soon. The Kindle Fire HD seems more limited and very amazon oriented but the Nexus 7 seems very complicated and not really what I need. I'm just looking for a web browser and apps for netflix, facebook, twitter, some games, and other helpful ones. I plan on downloading a few books (including textbooks when the time comes). SO basically I want something simple but is the Fire too simple?

Thanks for reading my blabber.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:31 AM

You should get a Nexus 7 , it is very easy to use and perfect for reading , web browsing , gaming , video playback , full with apps on google play . The kindle fire is very limited and if you compare it with the nexus it loses in every category . The nexus 7 is the perfect tablet , dude it has a quad-core processor and a NVIDIA tegra 3 gpu if you were a geek you would be impressed .

Ads

02-28-2013, 05:37 AM

Agree, get a Nexus 7. It is an excellent product and not hard to use at all.
02-28-2013, 05:47 AM

Nexus 7. the fire is a nice device, but too locked down by amazon.

take a 10 minute tutorial of android on youtube or something and you will see that it is very easy to use.and the possibilities of android are amazing.
02-28-2013, 05:57 AM

You welcome..

I would recommend getting Kindle Fire becuase you prefer a device which is good for reading too...

Both devices are good... not much complicated... just like any other device pretty easy to use once you get to know them well.

Review comparison on Kindle Fire HD vs Nexus 7, should help you out on this decision:
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3884NBJNPT...afsuimw-20

Kindle Fire HD has Dual wifi antenna which makes its better for watching HD movies/videos and downloading stuff. The Digital dolby audio speakers do give you a different experience in watching movies. Xray is a convinient feature too. Plus it has HDMI to enjoy stuff on bigger screen.

While on Nexus 7 you have a quad core processor and lot more apps. (You can sideload apps from google play store on Kindle Fire HD read the review and comments you would be able to find out how)

Amazon does have over 60k apps by now so you would be able to find a good amount of apps there.