This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Samsung Galaxy S3 or Nokia Lumia 920?
02-28-2013, 05:52 AM
Samsung Galaxy S3 or Nokia Lumia 920?
I'm in the market for a new smartphone. I currently own an iPhone 4 and I'm pretty bored with the OS on the 5 because to me it's basically the same thing. I'm torn between the Lumia 920 and the Galaxy S3. I'll provide a little bit of background of myself: I'm currently a college student, I'm eligible for the upgrade price on either phone, my carrier is AT&T. I would mostly use the phone for talk, text, web browsing, and social networking (Facebook mainly).

I am very very attracted to the WP8 OS on the Lumia. I like the look of the phone, it's very easy to use and very fast according to the research I've done. The thing setting me back is that I heard is that since WP8 is so young, it has quite a few bugs and a lot less apps available with no developer kit available to app creators. I would probably use my old iPhone to listen to music and play games so that wouldn't be a huge problem.

The S3 has a very sleek, clean looking design that allows a lot of customizable options and widgets which is pretty cool. I also like the fact that it has a vast app store available on Android. The Amoled screen is quite impressive as well.

I'm leaning towards the Lumia, since I am a college student and it's $100 cheaper, plus I was very attracted to it in the first place, but a saleswoman at AT&T was telling me the new Galaxy is being announced next month, and once that happens the price of the S3 will drop.

Please provide and unbiased opinion of both these phones based on your experiences, projected beliefs (such as, will WP8 develop rapidly this coming year?), and what phone would be right for me? I have played around with both phones in the store and I am still stuck. 10 points for a detailed answer. Thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 05:56 AM

Samsung Galaxy S3

Ads

02-28-2013, 05:59 AM

I think it's better if you choose Nokia Lumia 920. it has tons of new innovative things on it.. i'll give you ton reason why I'd choose Lumia a week ago

1- it have super sensitive screen which you can touch using your nail(most girl do have a long nail) and even a gloove.

2-it has PuremotionHD+ dis[play that give you brighter screen and good readibility outdoor

3- PureView Camera with Optical Image Stabilisation (, give you a super sharp image in a daylight or even low light condition.

4-Wireless Charging, now you can charge your phone without plug it on your device

5- super smooth OS, you won't see a lag or a loading stuff when you use an apps.

6- better quality, Nokia use a high quality polycarbonate material, even the volume rocker almost impossible to be scratched. so excident drop would be nothing. try to drop the S3, It will break in no time.

7- colourful and attractive looking device than the boring galaxy s3.

8- new fresh OS, with new exprience. android look almost the same as Iphone.

9- a better longevity. don't worry even if the Lumia's successor come out later, your phone would not be forgotten, just look how to N8 still be remember even the 808 has came. the s3 will be forgotten just like the s2 when s4 come later.

10- less buggy than android, even though every OS do have bugs, but Windows Phone is better than android, it safer, no virus, kernal problems just like android do.
02-28-2013, 06:04 AM

if i were u i would choose samsung gal S3
02-28-2013, 06:11 AM

s3 is much better than lumia 920
02-28-2013, 06:16 AM

get the lumia 920
it's way better than any other phone out there
the phone has an amazing 4.5" screen with very good and high resolution
the resolution is even higher than HD
which makes it enjoyable for you to watch videos on it because of the big size and because of the amazing resolution
web browsing is also enjoyable on it
the screen is also very responsive you can even use it while wearing cloves or through your car keys
the phones build quality really is amazing
and it feels high end and premium in your hand it really is enjoyable to hold
the phone has an 8.7 megapixle camera which takes amazing photos and videos
it has image stabilization which is a huge plus and its the first on any other phone
some of its other features are group shot,panorama shot,burst mode and cinemagraph
what group shot allows you to do is to capture the perfect moment so for example if you are taking a photo of 2 people and they blink you will be able to rewind the time till when they were still smiling
cinemagraph allows you to do is to play with the photos and make movement
you can also eliminate moving objects in your photos
and the camera takes better low light photos than any other phone even without flash
the phone has a large App Store which consists of mainly high quality apps
and it also has the amazing Nokia added free exclusive apps and features
like nokia drive,nokia maps,nokia city ,nokia beta,nokia music,nokia creative studio,espn,espn radio,CNN,words with friends,angry birds roost,viber HD and many more
battery life is very good
it also supports wireless charging
the web browser is extremely good and fast
the phone also has Microsoft office which is a huge plus
and it has deep social network integration(Facebook,LinkedIn,twitter,Sk…
overall the lumia 920 is an amazing device and you should get it
hope I helped Smile
tell me if you decided to
and if you got any question or need any help you can email me at spieleranswers@outlook.com
02-28-2013, 06:16 AM

Just like the meteoric rise of Android OS by 2016 it is predicted Windows will be the SECOND must used OS after Android, I think it will be sooner as the prediction was well before W8 was rumoured to be released

So let me tell you of MY BIAS (passed legal) I simply will not buy any phone that does not have MICRO SD EXPANSION also REMOVABLE BATTERY.

So whilst the 920 is the premier Nokia phone (only NOKIA 820 & 920 are 4G LTE world wide) the 920 lacks BOTH MICRO SD EXPANSION also REMOVABLE BATTERY, the 820 HAS BOTH MICRO SD EXPANSION also REMOVABLE BATTERY!

And by a strange quirk the 820 is for all intense and purposes is a 4G LTE Windows 8 version of the Android Samsung Galaxy SII these phones are so similar,

Windows is Microsoft and the approach to customization is in the live tiles
HTC Huawei Samsung Nokia all now have W8 phones.

GSMarena world #1 mobile site is where I go first before selecting my purchase, review are impartial and product tested.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idP...hone2=4967
02-28-2013, 06:20 AM

Samsung Galaxy S3 is the best one to buy. It is available with the best features and specifications.
02-28-2013, 06:25 AM

Samsung Galaxy S3.
Note - Dont write paragraphs and paragraphs, nobody answers it.
02-28-2013, 06:27 AM

I think you already know the answer. You are very very attracted to the Windows phone 8 OS, you like the look of the phone, it is easy to use and very fast. Don't let some sales lady talk you out of what you already know you want. Plus take that $100 bucks you saved and put it to good use.
Is AT&T still offering the free wireless charging plate? That's another $50 bucks you will save and is an amazing feature that once you have you will wonder how you lived without it.
Here is a hardware spec comparison from Phone Arena of the two phones:
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare.../7471,6330
As far as apps are concerned from your description of yourself it sounds like you don't use that many and therefor if they don't exist yet in the Microsoft store you won't miss them.
From my own experience I have enjoyed using Windows Phone 7.5 and Windows Phone 8 much better than using Android (Granted the version of Android was older, so perhaps their latest release is better) I was tired of the Android phone always needing to be charged half way through the day, always crashing, and constantly having to worry about if I was installing a virus on my phone from their app store.
Regardless go with what makes you happy, you are the one living with the phone for 2 years not us.