This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does my laptop crash whenever I move it?
02-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Why does my laptop crash whenever I move it?
Whenever I move my computer, pushing it or sliding it away from me, the screen will occasionally just stop working and go to colorful static. I can no longer do anything from that point so I am forced to restart my laptop.
I have a Dell Inspiron.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:31 AM

Something is loose inside - a cable connection the screen, the RAM, or the hard drive.

Try removing the RAM & hard drive and reseating them - if that doesn't work - run the free hardware diagnostics test through the link at Dell.com > Technical Support to see if there are any hardware issues showing up.

For the loose cable to the screen - try running a search on the make & model and "fixing loose video cable" to see if you can find a series of instructions and photos to walk you through how to do it yourself - or take it somewhere to be looked at and fixed for you.

Ads

02-28-2013, 07:40 AM

Hello Akemi,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Based on your description, it appears that the LCD Flex cable is loose. You can try reseating it and see if that helps. For this you may need to remove the Hinge cover and Keyboard.

Depending on your system model, you can get the service manuals from http://www.support.dell.com/

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities