This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does bad sat2 scores hurt alot?
02-28-2013, 07:27 AM
does bad sat2 scores hurt alot?
can't believe, i only get 510 for sat2 united states history and 580 for sat math level 2. social study is always my best subject and i get 98 at the regent exam in this june. also for the math, i was in AP calculus now, and i really think the test is much easier compare to the AP. i don't have time to take it again, does that scores really hurt alot?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 07:29 AM

The SAT II's are generally taken by top students, and your scores depend on what the other test-takers scored. The (very difficult) Math II is taken by so many top students that a perfect 800 is just the 85 percentile, because so many score 800. The SAT II's usually require outside of school studying, even if one is taking the same subject AP, because the tests are different.

Your percentiles are for US History - 510 is 12 percentile (88% did better), and for Math II - 580 is 16 percentile.

SAT II percentiles PDF: http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalSer...s-2012.pdf

Are you a senior, is that why you can't retake? Are you applying to top colleges? If you can retake, retake if you think you'll do better. If your GPA and SAT scores are above the admitted freshman average for each college, your SAT II's might not be that big a problem, especially if you scored 5's or 4's on your AP tests. Look on the college website for freshman profiles.

Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply