This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will YouTube always dominate online video?
02-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Will YouTube always dominate online video?
Monopoly YouTube/Google decides they can pound you with ads all over the place and accept every partner application so they can run minute ads before a video that might be 14 seconds long. It's really pissing me off, they crossed the line when they surpassed a usual TV stations ad to content ratio. So I was wondering if there will ever be a video site come close to beating YouTube in terms of traffic?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:45 AM

Who can accurately predict the future?

At one time, MySpace was the latest, hottest social networking site, then Facebook came along. So who still uses MySpace?

If another video hosting site comes along, it may surpass YouTube, but I predict that it'll also succumb to the temptations of making billions of dollars by tacking advertisements onto their videos just as YouTube has. Besides, how many YouTubers have opted to have revenue sharing in hopes of making money off of their crappy videos? 'Revenue sharing' is just another word for allowing advertisements on their channel. It's the YouTube users themselves who have ruined YouTube by trying to make money off of it.

I turned down the offer to revenue share and I have no ads on my videos.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply