This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to block the Koobface C and C virus?
02-28-2013, 08:46 AM
How to block the Koobface C and C virus?
So I keep getting attacked by the Koobface virus that is going all over the internet. I have Norton 360 and it blocks it every time but I was wondering if anyone knows how to block it from even attacking me. Is there a site I can just block or something? Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM

All you need do is keep Norton updated at all times - or permanently disconnect from the internet. Blocking Koobface is part of the job, and obviously, Norton is doing it well. And if you're thinking about running an additional anti-virus program side-by-side Norton, DON'T! Two anti-virus programs running at the same time can potentially bring your computer to its knees!

Ads

02-28-2013, 08:54 AM

Sure the new version is getting on people computes because they click on a link in a message on facebook then they have to download a video codec to view the X-rated videos. So stop clicking and use common sense. As usual the user does something dumb and gets infected. To protect yourself from Koobface, ESET offers the usual advice. Don't trust this new message or any like it sent to you via social networks like Facebook. And of course, make sure your antivirus software is always up-to-date

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-2000211...z11jNw0VGL