This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google redirecting to Facebook on all devices.?
02-28-2013, 09:14 AM
Google redirecting to Facebook on all devices.?
On all devices on our wifi, google redirects the user to Facebook. I figure it may be a port forwarding issue or dns but I'm not very good with tech. Any help? A virus seems to be out of the question.
The reason I do not think it is a virus is because it only happens when connect to our router. And it's doubtfull all the devices in my home have been infected with the same virus

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 09:19 AM

Hi There,
That is caused by the "Google redirect virus" and casn be removed using the procedure at the link below.
Hope this helps,
Al

Ads

02-28-2013, 09:23 AM

If it's just affecting your network then try logging into your router and make sure there is not static DNS set. You may have to do some digging but there should be two or three lines for DNS usualy labled DNS1, DNS2, and DNS3. Make sure those are blank. I highly doubt this is a port forwarding issue because port forwarding deals with outside connections coming into your network.
02-28-2013, 09:26 AM

Having same issue:

Google redirects to Facebook on all mobile devices when using WiFi
4 – iPhones, iPad4, and Kindle Fire, Yahoo works fine and 3G work fine.
3 – PCs all work fine. McAfee virus protection active on PCs. Ran Malwarbytes on 3-PCs and didn’t find anything significant.

Appears to be an IP address issue. When I reboot router or run following:
Ipconfig / release
Ipconfig/flush
Ipconfig/renew

And renew Wifi lease on mobile device, I am normally able to get Google working again.

When running ipconfig, I did notice on the PC we’re chatting that there was a “Outlook” file with Facebook in name. It’s says it’s deleted, however, continues to show up. It entire address is as follows:

search-ms:displayname=Conversation%20"Facebook%20%20%20%20[%20ref%3A00D57zId.5005BjPkz%3Aref%20]"&crumb=conversation%3AD436086060EC43399804A2D58053EF2B&crumb=location:mapi%3A%2F%2F{S-1-5-21-1399435722-743383487-479025735-1004}

Frequency of redirect after reset has been increasing to the point of only being able to do a few searches prior to acting up.

Have multiple other devices on Wifi network which all seem to be working fine however don’t use google.

Geek Squad ran check on PC and nothing found...suggested reseting google....did that with and no change.

Checked DNS Static and they are not static and the registers are set to zero.

Any other thoughts?
02-28-2013, 09:35 AM

Here: http://adf.ly/GiVsa