This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you saw this on someone's profile would you be turned off?
02-28-2013, 09:59 AM
If you saw this on someone's profile would you be turned off?
PLEASE no troll answers/flaming/preaching. Serious answers only.

I put down "atheist" under religious views on Facebook. I don't live in the bible belt so I don't expect to get a lot of hate from people, but what do people think of those who have that on their profile? I live in a metropolitan area if that helps.

Also, would it be better to take it down to not get judged by anyone? Or should I use this as a "weeder" to sort out the people who judge me by this from my friend list? Would I be limiting myself in terms of potential friends by having this ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM

No

Ads

02-28-2013, 10:05 AM

i would judge you not to be a good person.
02-28-2013, 10:12 AM

If people are going to not be your freind because of your personal beliefs then they aren't people you should want as freinds.
02-28-2013, 10:15 AM

It's fine. I listed mine that way years ago. Haven't noticed any problems from it yet.
02-28-2013, 10:24 AM

No. I would just think 'another free thinker'.
02-28-2013, 10:30 AM

Well in all honestly, yes, I would be. But that does not mean that I think any less of that person. I have friends who are atheist. Sure it makes me sad that they are, but they are still wonderful people and I respect them greatly.
02-28-2013, 10:39 AM

I am not sure that many people care or even notice what religion you put on FB.
If you are concerned about it, you can either change it to other, or leave it blank. But I don't suggest lying about it. That just makes things worse in the long run.
I personally am quite open as being an atheist. If someone is not able to accept that, then I choose not to associate with them. In which case, I wouldn't want them on my FB friends list anyway.