This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to adopted due to cancer i can not have children on my own. I would like to do private adoption. Does?
02-28-2013, 11:32 AM
I want to adopted due to cancer i can not have children on my own. I would like to do private adoption. Does?
anyone know how i can find someone that wants to place their child for adoption?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 11:40 AM

not on yahoo answers.

Find your local foster care agency, and speak with them.

Ads

Using the cancer card for sympathy?.

Your question is offensive as asking......does anyone know someone that could give me a lung because I have emphysema.

Try Catholic Community Services, they can give you some answers that you need

I believe adoptees deserve healthy replacement parents if they are unable to keep their own.

I'm sorry about your illness but I must say you are going about this all wrong.
First of all you do not need to use Yahoo Answers as your personal baby finding place.
Also adopted children will be your OWN children. If you feel different then you are not ready to adopt.

This is called solicitation and is against TOS. You may get reported if you don't take this down.

but to stay within guidelines of answering questions, NO, I don't.

Exactly are you after sympathy?

I'm sorry you had cancer but this isn't the way to go about finding out stuff like this. Do as suggested and find out about foster care adoption or go to an agency.

I am sorry to hear that. If you are in reason health otherwise you might contact a private agency about available children for adoption and ask to be put on their list. The children who are WAITING to be adopted are children in minority groups[according to the literature] sibling groups, children with disabilities, and teenagers. The majority of children in foster care will be adopted by their foster parents if their legal rights are terminated.
Good luck and I wish you well. Check with a private agency such as Catholic Social services, Lutheran child and family services, and for the other children check with your state agency for those children who are still waiting.

Google agencies, organizations and charities that provide adoption services, and your local foster care system. You need to start with a homestudy which can be done by an agency or by a foster care social worker. Placement fees are usually high, you can also bypass those fees and find a birthmother yourself by placing a newspaper ad, online ads on adoption websites, network through your church, myspace, or facebook. Note that you still need an official homestudy even if you find a birthmother yourself. Foster care is usually free or nearly free. I do not think you are playing the "cancer card" and I think some people are Yahoo (like some of the other answerers) are extremely ignorant and bitter and do not not need to be in the Adoption section.