This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is downloading on my computer while I'm surfing?
02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
What exactly is downloading on my computer while I'm surfing?
I have satellite internet and I have exceeded my usage this month so I have to watch my download content. For the past couple days we haven't downloaded anything but my usage is not going down. Can anybody tell me if just surfing the internet is using my download usage? I have shut off the automatic updates on my windows and virus protector to help eliminate any download usage. We use facebook and the neopets site daily-is that downloading?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 11:49 AM

Nope it is not. I do not know much about satellite connections but if you have a password i would change sounds like someone is using your account

Ads

02-28-2013, 11:54 AM

Rockhead does not know what he is talking about.

Anyway, anything you see do, pics, videos, downloading songs, files, email, etc. uses download bandwidth. If you log on to google, you have downloaded something, if you watch a youtube video, you download the video. You also use Upload bandwidth, but it is much less in amount.

You turned off automatic updates, which is good, since it takes up massive bandwidth. But you must make sure that you download the updates occasionally. I would suggest that you do that during you free usage time, which is usually during the late hours of the night.

Who is your satellite provider? Hughes, wildblue, starband, skyway?