This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new computer is running extremely slow on the internet?
02-28-2013, 11:53 AM
My new computer is running extremely slow on the internet?
I think I've pinpointed the general area of the problem, but I am unsure. I am on Windows 7, and ran multiple virus scans and got no results. On the Task Manager, though, I found firefox using between 100,000 K and 180,000 K memory, which is odd, because it usually only used 70,000 K to 100,00 K on my old computer. I also found svchost.exe using a steady, but overwhelming 122,000 K on top of that.

I think these are the reasons my internet is running very slowly (It is even slow when trying to open up facebook or my email), any advice on how to clear it up?
I already have that program, and scanned my computer with it, and it found nothing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 11:56 AM

download Malware Bytes Anti-Malware and Spybot Search and destroy. It could simply be a virus and this is not something that you want to have on your computer for a long period of time. Check the programs out, run full scans and restart computer.

Ads

02-28-2013, 12:00 PM

recovery again and also first add for internet security. it will work better
02-28-2013, 12:08 PM

If you are clear of spyware, you should reduce the add-ons in Firefox, they may be updating while you are using it. This happens often. So knock all the extensions and add-ons so that Firefox is bare. SVCHOST, is just a program that house a bunch of services to make your computer run more efficiently. The only way you can reduce the resource load, is to reduces services.
http://www.delete-computer-history.com/S...refox.html