This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I haven't been on facebook in like a year and a half..questions?
02-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I haven't been on facebook in like a year and a half..questions?
I know its way different now i guess?..
but i have like over 300 notification emails built up by now
(even after i asked facebook to stop)

so

-first can anyone im "friends" with tell when i logged on last, or if i am logged on at the moment?
(if i sign on)
-will all the notifications i check show up on my wall? if so is there some way i can prevent that..
-and last, one email notification, said i was tagged in like 176 photos or something. this really scared me. because i never let people photograph me...that i know of...so i don't know what i might be running into. how do you untag yourself in photos?

basically will it be possible for me to log on, check my stuff, maybe look at some old friends pages that i havent seen or spoken to in a very long time because i kind of dissapeared..
all without anyone out there knowing the difference at all?

i really, REALLY need to be sure this can all go my way before i do anything.
Please be positive before you answer.

Thankyou.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2013, 12:12 PM

1. no
2. There should be a button beside the tag
And yes no one will know when you are on as long as you turn chat OFF

Ads

02-28-2013, 12:21 PM

I can't help you with the first one although 2nd question they could just be about people commenting or tagging you in a post. If you want you can easily click remove tag from them and the photos also if you want to hide stuff from your wall just click remove on the settings button beside your notifications.
02-28-2013, 12:30 PM

There are many social networks that display last login date information. Facebook to my knowledge is not one of them. They all constantly change, it might be possible in the future, but currently no last login on Facebook is displayed to others (except for admins, who obviously can give this information to police in case of a crime).

If you tag yourself on a photo Facebook will notify others (depending to your privacy settings) about your "new" fotos. If you untag yourself noone is notified but smart people can notice if they keep eye on it. And all "likes" are indeed made known of.

It must be possible to delete your account or any other information anywhere on Internet as long as owners of the site obey data protection act 1998. There is information on order of actions if you are concerned and ___are not able to delete your account yourself____. On Facebook you can tune your settings yourself, and delete your account yourself.

If you decide to log on it might be an idea for you to change all your settings (privacy, notifications, etc) so that you are not becoming paranoid about who sees what, and are not bothered with unnecessary notifications. Just open settings and see what you do and don't like there.

Some ideas:
*Do visit your settings page, especially privacy settings. Social networks are normaly not interested in you keeping secrets, they tend to make these settings hidden or complicated.
* Mark that you are not interested to find friends, but do leave an option for others to send you a message.
*Unsubscribe of all notifications except for those you really want to get, like being marked on a foto, or friendship request
*Tune what action of yours are displayed to others.

----------------------------
And really, real life friends are the only friends you have, Information Technologies only offer tools to assist you in that, and Facebook or other social network is nothing but some media to keep in touch.